Program Description for Athletic Training
Major: Athletic Training
Degree: Master of Science
- Satisfactorily complete all courses required by the program and approved by the university.
- Satisfactorily complete all clinical requirements.
- Earn no more than 2 grades of less than B throughout the program.
- Attain a 3.0 GPA average in all work counting toward the graduate degree.
- Be in good standing; not subject to any sanction by the University community or the Brooks College of Health.
- All students in the Brooks College of Health programs will be held accountable to the most recent Code of Ethics, Guides for Professional Conduct and/or Position Statements as developed by their respective disciplines. Refer to your program handbook or program director for the specifics.
Applicants must demonstrate completion with a minimum grade of "C" at the undergraduate or graduate levels in each of the subject areas listed below. Any substitutions to the courses below are made at the time of evaluation for admission into the MSAT Program.
- Anatomy and Physiology (2 semesters with labs)
BSC2085c Human Anatomy and Physiology I with lab
BSC2086c Human Anatomy and Physiology II with lab
- Physics with lab
PHY1028/1028L Introduction to Physics with lab
- Chemistry with lab
CHM2045/2045L General Chemistry I with lab
- Biology with lab
BSC1010c General Biology I with lab
STA2014 or 2023 Elementary Statistics
HUN2201 Basic Principles of Human Nutrition
PSY2012 Intro to Psychology
- Biomechanics or Kinesiology
PET3312c Biomechanics or PET3310 Kinesiology
- Exercise Physiology
HSC4612 Exercise Physiology for Health Science
Major Requirements (54 credits)
Must be completed with a grade of "C" or higher
ATR5126C Gross Anatomy AT (4 Credits)
ATR5105C Foundations Athletic Training (3 Credits)
ATR5217C Ortho Assess and Diagn I (3 Credits)
ATR5306C Therapeutic Interventions I (3 Credits)
ATR5119C Emergency Manage Ath Trauma (3 Credits)
ATR5815C Clinical Integration I (3 Credits)
ATR5218C Ortho Assess and Diagn II (3 Credits)
ATR5307C Therapeutic Interventions II (3 Credits)
ATR5406C Clinical Medicine (3 Credits)
ATR5825C Clinical Integration II (3 Credits)
ATR6308C Therapeutic Interventions III (3 Credits)
ATR6516 Athletic Training Admin (3 Credits)
ATR6617 Research Methods (3 Credits)
ATR6945L Clinical-Decision Making I (1 Credit)
ATR6835C Clinical Integration III (3 Credits)
ATR6505C Seminar in Athletic Training (3 Credits)
ATR6618 Applied Research (3 Credits)
ATR6946L Clinical-Decision Making II (1 Credit)
ATR6845C Clinical Integration IV (3 Credits)
Not required for graduation
ATR6907 Ind Study in Athletic Training (1-3 Credits)
ATR6949C Clin Integration Experience (3 Credits)