Clinical Nutrition: Advanced Practice (Doctor of Clinical Nutrition)
Program Description for Clinical Nutrition
Major: Clinical Nutrition
Concentration: Advanced Practice
Degree: Doctor of Clinical Nutrition
- Satisfactorily complete all courses required by the program and approved by the university.
- Satisfactorily complete all clinical requirements.
- Attain a grade of "B" or better in all work counting toward the doctoral degree.
- Satisfactorily complete the Advanced Practice Residency.
- Satisfactorily complete and defend the final Doctoral Project.
- All students in the Brooks College of Health programs will be held accountable to the most recent Code of Ethics, Guides for Professional Conduct and/or Position Statements as developed by their respective disciplines. Refer to your program handbook and Brooks College of Health policy - Student Breach of Professional Behaviors (Click here)
- Be in good standing; not subject to any sanction by the University community or Department of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Core Requirements (15 credits)
HUN7803 Adv Topics in Nutrition Scienc (3 Credits)
HUN7518 Public Health Nutrition (3 Credits)
HUN7219 Adv Concepts in Clinical Nutri (3 Credits)
HUN7525 Adv Leadership & Public Policy (3 Credits)
SELECT One from the followings:
- HUN7625 Advanced Nutrition Counseling
- HUN7638 Teaching Nutrition in Higher Education
Research Core Requirements (9 credits)
HUN7831 Grant Development (3 Credits)
NGR7843 Stat Interp for Adv Prac (3 Credits)
SELECT Research Choice:
- HUN6509 Nutritional Epidemiology or
- HUN7808 Qualitative Methods in Nutrition Research
Practice Residency (6 credits)
HUN7943 Adv Practice Residency (3-9 Credits)
Project (15 credits)
HUN7981 Pre-Doctoral Project (3 Credits)
HUN7985 Doctoral Project (3-9 Credits)
HUN7939 Doctoral Seminar in Nutrition
Major Electives (9 credits)
SELECT 3 courses
Suggested Electives (Some of these may not be available online)
- DIE6906 Independent Study (3 credits)
- HUN7548 Nutrition for Global Health (3 credits)
- HUN7820 Adv Concepts in Nutrition and Wellness (3 credits)
- HUN7990 Special Topics in Advanced Nutrition (3 credits)
- HUN7788 Nutritional Genomics (3 credits)
- HSC6505 Epidemiology (3credits)
- NGR5172 Pharmacotherapeutics (3 credits)
- NGR7871 Health Informatics for Advanced Practice (3 credits)
- PHC6103 Public Health Practice (3 credits)
- Courses from Certificate in Global Health
- Courses from Certificate in Health Informatics