Mathematical Science: Statistics (Master of Science)
Program Description for Mathematical Science
Major: Mathematical Science
Degree: Master of Science
Prerequisites (31 credits)
MAC2311 (GM) Calculus I (4 Credits)
MAC2312 (GM) Calculus II (4 Credits)
MAC2313 (GM) Calculus III (4 Credits)
MAS3105 (GM) Linear Algebra (4 Credits)
MAA4211 (GM) Advanced Calculus I (4 Credits)
STA3163 (GM)Statistical Methods I (4 Credits)
STA4321 (GM)Probability and Statistics (4 Credits)
COP2220 Programming I (3 Credits)
Or an equivalent scientific programming course.
Major Requirements (18 credits)
Students must apply to graduate by the published deadline during their final semester.
Grades of B or better are required in all graduate courses.
A minimum of 32 semester hours are required for the degree.
MAS6145 Advanced Linear Algebra (3 Credits)
STA6446 Probability (3 Credits)
STA6166 Statistical Methods I (3 Credits)
STA6326 Mathematical Statistics I (3 Credits)
MAD6405 Numerical Analysis (3 Credits)
STA6106 Computer-Intensive in Stats (3 Credits)
Major Electives (14 credits)
Select one concentration (in consultation with the graduate advisor). May include no more than 6 semester hours of thesis.
SELECT 14 HOURS FROM THE FOLLOWING:
- MAP 6605 Topics in Financial Mathematics (3 credits)
- STA 6167 Statistical Methods II (3 credits)
- STA 6205 Design of Experiments (3 credits)
- STA 6226 Sampling (3 credits)
- STA 6505 Categorical Data Analysis (3 credits)
- STA 6666 Statistical Quality Control (3 credits)
- STA 6707 Multivariate Methods (3 credits)
- STA 6XXX Mathematical Statistics II (3 credits)
- STA 6908 Directed Individual Study (1-3 credits)
- STA 6932 ST: Statistics (1-3 credits)
- STA 6938 Seminar in Statistics (1-3 credits)
- STA 6940 Statistical Consulting (3 credits)
- STA 6971 Thesis (1-3 credits)
- MAP 6489 Mathmatical Biology (3 credits)