Computing & Info Sciences: Information Sys. (Non-Thesis) (Master of Science)
Program Description for Computing & Info Sciences
Major: Computing & Info Sciences
Concentration: Information Sys. (Non-Thesis)
Degree: Master of Science
Background preparation in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Information Systems is required for admission into the Masters program.
Conditions for the Masters:
1. All but one courses applied to the degree must be completed with a grade of 'B' or better. One course with a grade 'C' is accepted.
2. A minimum of 21 credit hours must be taken at the 6000- level in the School of Computing for the Thesis option.
3. No more than 6 credit hours taken outside of the School can be included in the degree.
4. No more than 9 credit hours of 5000-level courses can be applied to the degree.
5. No more than 6 credit hours of Directed Independent Study can be applied to the degree.
6. No more than 3 credit hours of Directed Independent Study can be supervised by the same professor.
7. GPA of 3.0 or better must be maintained. A GPA below 3.0 or a grade of 'C' in three courses results in automatic probation.
8. Directed Independent Study (CIS6900) and Special Topics in Computer and Information Sciences (CIS6930) may be approved by the Graduate Director to substitue any of the program courses.
9. A student on probation who subsequently receives a 'C' is subject to suspension.
10. Receipt of a 'D' or 'F' grades results in suspension.
11. Students must declare thesis/non-thesis after completing 18 credit hours in the program.
Core Requirements (27 credits)
Includes 18 credit hours of Information Systems coures and 9 credit hours of Business courses.
CEN6016 Engineering of Software I (3 Credits)
CEN6017 Engineering of Software II (3 Credits)
CIS6516 Managing Software Proj/Persnl (3 Credits)
CIS6913 Research Methods in Computing (3 Credits)
COP6711 Database Engineering/Administr (3 Credits)
ISM6021 Mgmt Information Technology (3 Credits)
MAN6026 Project Management (3 Credits)
MAN6785 E-Business Strategy (3 Credits)
SELECT BS One:
MAR6726 Marketing on the Internet
MAN6875 Entrepreneurship & Venture Capital
Major Electives (9 credits)
ELECTIVES CAP CDA CEN CIS CNT COP COT