Major: Computing & Info Sciences
Concentration: Information Systems
Degree: Master of Science
Major Requirements (36 credits)
Information Systems Requirements: (36.0 credit hours)
Conditions for the Masters:
- 1. All courses applied to the degree must be completed with a grade of 'B' or better.
- 2. A minimum of 21 credit hours must be taken at the 6000-level in the School of Computing.
- 3. No more than 6 credit hours taken outside of the School can be included in the degree.
- 4. No more than 15 credit hours of 5000-level courses can be applied to the degree.
- 5. No more than 6 credit hours of Directed Independent Study can be applied to the degree.
- 6. GPA of 3.0 or better must be maintained. A GPA below 3.0 or a grade of 'C' in three courses results in automatic probation.
- 7. A student on probation who subsequently receives a 'C' is subject to suspension. Receipt of a grade below 'C' results in immediate eligibility for suspension.
Information Systems Core
Info Systems Core Requirements: (7 courses - 21.0 hrs)
includes 12 hrs of Information Systems courses and 9.0 hrs of Business courses.
CEN6016 Engineering of Software I (3 Credits)
CEN6017 Engineering of Software II (3 Credits)
COP6711 Database Engineering/Administr (3 Credits)
ISM6021 Mgmt Information Technology (3 Credits)
MAN6785 E-Business Strategy (3 Credits)
SELECT_IS One from Info Systems:
CIS6516 Managing Software Projects & Personnel
MAN6026 Project Management
SELECT_BS One from Business:
MAR6726 Marketing on the Internet
MAN6875 Entrepreneurship & Venture Capital
Info Sys - Research+Electives
Thesis and Major Electives: (15.0 hrs)
Enroll in the Thesis course CIS 6970 for at least two successive terms. In order to enroll in the Thesis course, the student must obtain the approval of the Graduate Director and a Thesis Advisor. Upon satisfactory completion of the Thesis, the student defends the Thesis in an open presentation to the satisfaction of the student's Thesis Committee.
RESEARCH Thesis --
CIS 6970 Thesis (6.0 hrs)
ELECTIVES (9 hrs for total of 15 hrs)
Select sufficient credits at the graduate level to earn a total of 36.0 hours.
CAP CDA CEN CIS CNT COP COT
- Select at least 9 credits of electives.