Program Description for Electrical Engineering
Major: Electrical Engineering
Degree: BS in Electrical Engineering
Prerequisites (27 credits)
A grade of C+ or higher is required in all prerequisite coursework.
CHM2045+L General Chem I + Lab (3+1)
- CHS1440 may be substituted for CHM2045. If CHS1440 is 4 credits and includes a lab, it may be used in place of CHM2045C/CHM2045+L.
MAC2311 (GM) Calculus I (4 Credits)
- Students must complete pre-calculus at the college level with a "C" or higher to take Calculus I.
- MAC2281 may be substituted for MAC2311.
MAC2312 (GM) Calculus II (4 Credits)
- MAC2282 may be subsituted for MAC2312.
MAC2313 (GM) Calculus III (4 Credits)
- MAC2283 may be substituted for MAC2313.
MAP2302 (GM) Ordinary Differ Equations (3 Credits)
- MAP2305 may be substituted for MAP2302.
PHY1041+L Phys for Engin I + Lab (3+1)
- Students who did not successfully complete high school physics must complete PHY1020 Introduction to Physics and PHY1020L Introduction to Physics Lab with a "C" or higher before completing Calculus Physics I.
- Calculus-Based Physics has an addition prerequisite of Calculus I and a co-requisite of Calculus II.
- PHY2048C may be substituted for the lecture and lab.
- PHY2043 may be substituted for the lecture.
PHY2042+L Phys for Engin II + Lab (3+1)
- PHY2049C may be substituted for the lecture and lab.
- PHY2044 may be substituted for the lecture.
Foundation (16 credits)
Electrical Engineering Foundation (5 Courses - 16 Credits)
COP2220 Computer Science I (3 Credits)
EGN1001 Introduction to Engineering I (2 Credits)
EGN3311 Statics (3 Credits)
MAS3105 (GM) Linear Algebra (4 Credits)
STA4321 (GM)Probability and Statistics (4 Credits)
Core Requirements (49 credits)
Electrical Engineering Core (20 Courses - 49 Credits)
EEE3308 Microelectronics I (3 Credits)
EEE4309 Microelectronics II (3 Credits)
EEE4309L Electronics Lab (1 Credit)
EEL3111 Circuit Analysis I (3 Credits)
EEL3112 Circuit Analysis II (3 Credits)
EEL3117L Electrical Circuits Laboratory (1 Credit)
EEL3135 Signals and Systems (3 Credits)
EEL3216 Introduction to Power Systems (3 Credits)
EEL3472 Electromagnetic Fields Applic (3 Credits)
EEL3701 Intro to Digital Systems (3 Credits)
EEL3701L Intro to Digital Systems Lab (1 Credit)
EEL4514 Communication Systems (3 Credits)
EEL4514L Communication Systems Lab (1 Credit)
EEL4657 Linear Control Systems (3 Credits)
EEL4657L Linear Control Systems Lab (1 Credit)
EEL4712 Digital Design (3 Credits)
EEL4712L Digital Design Lab (1 Credit)
EEL4744C Microcontroller Applications (4 Credits)
EEL4914 Senior Capstone Design I (3 Credits)
EEL4915 Senior Capstone Design II (3 Credits)
Technical Electives (12 credits)
Electrical Engineering Technical Electives (12 Credits)
SELECT 12 credits from the following:
- EEL4081 Topics on Rehabilitation Engineering (3)
- EEL4420 Electric Machines (3)
- EEE4396 Solid State Electronic Devices (3)
- EEL4440 Optical Fiber Communications (3)
- EEL4610 State-Space Control Systems (3)
- EEL4713 Digital Computer Architecture (3)
- EEL4713L Digital Computer Architecture Lab (1)
- EEL4750 Intro to Digital Signal Processing (3)
- EEL4750L Digital Signal Processing Lab (1)
- EEL4829 Digital Image Processing (3)
- EEL4905 Undergraduate Supervised Research (1-3; Repeatable To Maximum 6 Credits)
- EEL4949 Co-Op Experience (0-1)
- EGN3613 Economics for Engineers (2)
- COP3503 Computer Science II (3)
- COP3530 Data Structures (4)
- EEL4930 Special Topics in EE (1-4)
- EEL4931 Special Topics in EE (1-4)
- EGN4042 Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement Methods (3)
No additional hours should be necessary to reach 128 credit credit hours. If necessary, select additional courses to attain a total of 128 hours. This area includes hours at any level (1000-4000).
ANYLEVEL credits for 128 total hours.