Program Description for Electrical Engineering
Major: Electrical Engineering
Degree: BS in Electrical Engineering
Prerequisites (26 credits)
CHM2045 General Chemistry I (3 Credits)
- CHS1440 may be substituted for CHM2045.
MAC2311 (GM) Calculus I (4 Credits)
- Students must complete pre-calculus at the college level with a "C" or higher to take Calculus I.
- MACx281 may be substituted for MAC2311.
MAC2312 (GM) Calculus II (4 Credits)
- MACx282 may be substituted for MAC2312.
MAC2313 (GM) Calculus III (4 Credits)
- MACx283 may be substituted for MAC2313.
MAP2302 (GM) Ordinary Differ Equations (3 Credits)
- MAPx305 may be substituted for MAP2302.
PHY2048C Calculus-based Physics I (4 Credits)
- PHY2048 and PHY2048L may be substituted for the lecture and the lab.
- PHYx041 may be substituted for the lecture.
PHY2049+L Calc-Based Phys II + L (3+1)
- PHY2049C may be substituted for the lecture and the lab.
- PHYx044 or PHYx042 may be substituted for the lecture.
Foundation (16 credits)
Electrical Engineering Foundation (5 Courses - 16 Credits)
COP2220 Programming I (3 Credits)
EGN1001 Introduction to Engineering I (2 Credits)
MAS3105 (GM) Linear Algebra (4 Credits)
STA4321 (GM)Probability and Statistics (4 Credits)
ENC3246 Prof. Comm: Engineering (3 Credits)
Core Requirements (48 credits)
Electrical Engineering Core (19 Courses - 48 Credits)
EEL3013 Modeling and Sim in EE (3 Credits)
EEE3308 Microelectronics I (3 Credits)
EEE4309 Microelectronics II (3 Credits)
EEE4309L Electronics Lab (1 Credit)
EEL3111 Circuit Analysis I (3 Credits)
EEL3112 Circuit Analysis II (3 Credits)
EEL3117L Electrical Circuits Laboratory (1 Credit)
EEL3135 Signals and Systems (3 Credits)
EEL3216 Introduction to Power Systems (3 Credits)
EEL3472 Electromagnetic Fields Applic (3 Credits)
EEL3701 Intro to Digital Systems (3 Credits)
EEL3701L Intro to Digital Systems Lab (1 Credit)
EEL4514 Communication Systems (3 Credits)
EEL4514L Communication Systems Lab (1 Credit)
EEL4657 Linear Control Systems (3 Credits)
EEL4657L Linear Control Systems Lab (1 Credit)
EEL4744C Microcontroller Applications (4 Credits)
EEL4914 Senior Capstone Design I (3 Credits)
EEL4915 Senior Capstone Design II (3 Credits)
Technical Electives (15 credits)
Electrical Engineering Technical Electives (15 Credits)
SELECT 15 credits from the following:
- EEL4081 Topics on Rehabilitation Engineering (3 Credits)
- EEL4220 Electric Machines (3 Credits)
- EEL4241 Power Electronics (3 Credits)
- EEL4283 Introduction to Renewable Energy (3 Credits)
- EEL4440 Optical Fiber Communications (3 Credits)
- EEL4580 Wireless and Mobile Communications (3 Credits)
- EEL4610 State-Space Control Systems (3 Credits)
- EEL4712 Digital Design (3 Credits)
- EEL4712L Digital Design Lab (1 Credit)
- EEL4713C Introduction to Instrumentation (4 credits)
- EEL4750 Intro to Digital Signal Processing (3 Credits)
- EEL4750L Digital Signal Processing Lab (1 Credit)
- EEL4829 Digital Image Processing (3 Credits)
- EEL4905 Undergraduate Supervised Research (1-3 Credits; Repeatable to a maximum of 6 Credits)
- EEL4949 Co-Op Experience (0-1 Credits, Repeatable to a maximum of 3 Credits)
- EEL4930 Special Topics in Electrical Engineering (1-3 Credits)
- EEL4931 Special Topics in Electrical Engineering (1-4 Credits)
- Any other 4000-level courses with either an EEE or EEL prefix
- Students may take no more than 6 credit hours at either 3000 or 4000 level from Physics, Mathematics, Computing or Engineering to count towards technical elective credit hours
No additional hours should be necessary to reach 120 credit hours. If necessary, select additional courses to attain a total of 120 hours. This area includes hours at any level (1000-4000).
ANYLEVEL credits for 120 total hours.