Program Description for Electrical Engineering
Major: Electrical Engineering
Degree: BS in Electrical Engineering
Prerequisites (26 credits)
CHM2045 General Chemistry I (3 Credits)
- CHS1440 may be substituted for CHM2045.
MAC2311 (GM) Calculus I (4 Credits)
- Students must complete pre-calculus at the college level with a "C" or higher to take Calculus I.
- MAC2281 may be substituted for MAC2311.
MAC2312 (GM) Calculus II (4 Credits)
- MAC2282 may be subsituted for MAC2312.
MAC2313 (GM) Calculus III (4 Credits)
- MAC2283 may be substituted for MAC2313.
MAP2302 (GM) Ordinary Differ Equations (3 Credits)
- MAP2305 may be substituted for MAP2302.
PHY1041+L Phys for Engin I + Lab (3+1)
- Students who did not successfully complete high school physics must complete PHY1020 Introduction to Physics and PHY1020L Introduction to Physics Lab with a "C" or higher before completing Calculus Physics I.
- Calculus-Based Physics has an addition prerequisite of Calculus I and a co-requisite of Calculus II.
- PHY2048C may be substituted for the lecture and lab.
- PHY2043 may be substituted for the lecture.
PHY2042+L Phys for Engin II + Lab (3+1)
- PHY2049C may be substituted for the lecture and lab.
- PHY2044 may be substituted for the lecture.
Foundation (16 credits)
Electrical Engineering Foundation (5 Courses - 16 Credits)
COP2220 Programming I (3 Credits)
EGN1001 Introduction to Engineering I (2 Credits)
MAS3105 (GM) Linear Algebra (4 Credits)
STA4321 (GM)Probability and Statistics (4 Credits)
ENC3250 (GW)Professional Communication (3 Credits)
Core Requirements (48 credits)
Electrical Engineering Core (19 Courses - 48 Credits)
EEL3013 Modeling and Sim in EE (3 Credits)
EEE3308 Microelectronics I (3 Credits)
EEE4309 Microelectronics II (3 Credits)
EEE4309L Electronics Lab (1 Credit)
EEL3111 Circuit Analysis I (3 Credits)
EEL3112 Circuit Analysis II (3 Credits)
EEL3117L Electrical Circuits Laboratory (1 Credit)
EEL3135 Signals and Systems (3 Credits)
EEL3216 Introduction to Power Systems (3 Credits)
EEL3472 Electromagnetic Fields Applic (3 Credits)
EEL3701 Intro to Digital Systems (3 Credits)
EEL3701L Intro to Digital Systems Lab (1 Credit)
EEL4514 Communication Systems (3 Credits)
EEL4514L Communication Systems Lab (1 Credit)
EEL4657 Linear Control Systems (3 Credits)
EEL4657L Linear Control Systems Lab (1 Credit)
EEL4744C Microcontroller Applications (4 Credits)
EEL4914 Senior Capstone Design I (3 Credits)
EEL4915 Senior Capstone Design II (3 Credits)
Technical Electives (15 credits)
Electrical Engineering Technical Electives (15 Credits)
SELECT 15 credits from the following:
- EEL4081 Topics on Rehabilitation Engineering (3 Credits)
- EEL4420 Electric Machines (3 Credits)
- EEE4396 Solid State Electronic Devices (3 Credits)
- EEL4440 Optical Fiber Communications (3 Credits)
- EEL4610 State-Space Control Systems (3 Credits)
- EEL4712 Digital Design (3 Credits)
- EEL4712 Digital Design Lab (1 Credit)
- EEL4713 Digital Computer Architecture (3 Credits)
- EEL4713L Digital Computer Architecture Lab (1 Credits)
- EEL4750 Intro to Digital Signal Processing (3 Credits)
- EEL4750L Digital Signal Processing Lab (1 Credits)
- EEL4829 Digital Image Processing (3 Credits)
- EEL4905 Undergraduate Supervised Research (1-3; Repeatable To Maximum 6 Credits)
- EEL4949 Co-Op Experience (0-1 Credits)
- EEL4930 Special Topics in EE (1-4 Credits)
- EEL4931 Special Topics in EE (1-4 Credits)
- Students may take no more than 6 credit hours at either 3000 or 4000 level from Physics, Mathematics, Computing or Mechanical Engineering to count towards technical elective credit hours
No additional hours should be necessary to reach 120 credit hours. If necessary, select additional courses to attain a total of 120 hours. This area includes hours at any level (1000-4000).
ANYLEVEL credits for 120 total hours.