Urban & Metropolitan Studies Minor
Program Description for Urban & Metropolitan Studies
Minor: Urban & Metropolitan Studies
Minor: Urban & Metropolitan Studies (15 credits)
Students may count select special topics courses toward the minor, with advance permission of the coordinator.
A single course cannot satisfy requirements for the student's major and the Urban and Metropolitan Studies minor.
Only two transfer courses may be applied toward minor courses.
IDS3213 Introduction to the Metropolis (3 Credits)
CHOOSE 4 FROM THE FOLLOWING:
Students are encouraged to select courses from disciplines other than their major.
- AMH 3460 American Cities & Suburbs
- POS 4167 Urban Policy & Planning
- ANT 3443 The City and Health
- ANT4444 Cities & Globalization
- ECP 3613 Urban Economics
- GIS 3043 Introduction to GIS
- HIS 3403 Nature, Power, & Metropolis
- SYD 3410 Urban Sociology
- SYD 4601 Community Organization, Change & Development
- EEX 4794 Educating Urban Students with Diverse Needs