Public Administration Minor
Program Description for Public Administration
Minor: Public Administration
Minor: Public Administration (24 credits)
Minor: Fast Track
No more than 6 semester hours, or 2 courses may be transferred in to satisfy minor course requirements.
A grade of C or higher is required for all minor courses.
The Public Administration Fast Track undergraduate minor does not guarantee admission to the MPA program. For subsequent application for admission to the Master of Public Administration program, admission requirements for the program must also be met. Fast Track MPA students will need 33 graduate credits to complete the MPA, with PAD6106 Admin. Behavior in Public Organizations waived from the core requirements.
PREREQS 9 CREDITS
- POS 2041 American Government
- POS 3733 Research Design for Political Scientists
- POS 3734 Research Analysis for Political Scientists
For the five courses below (15 credits) select only courses that have not been used to fill Political Science requirements.
PAD4003 Public Administration (3 Credits)
POS3114 Issues State/Local Government (3 Credits)
PUP4003 The Policy-Making Process (3 Credits)
SELECT 1 URBAN POL. CLASS FROM BELOW:
- POS 4167 Urban Policy and Planning
- POS 3142 Politics and Policy in Urban Government
- PAD4XXX Nonprofit Management
SELECT_ 1 LEGAL CLASS FROM BELOW
- POS 3691 The American Legal System
- POS 4608 Constitutional Law I: Powers and constraints
- POS 4626 Constitutional Law II: Civil rights, civil liberties