Major: Athletic Training
Degree: Master of Science
- Satisfactorily complete all courses required by the program and approved by the university.
- Satisfactorily complete all clinical requirements.
- Earn no more than 2 grades of less than B throughout the program.
- Attain a 3.0 GPA average in all work counting toward the graduate degree.
- Be in good standing; not subject to any sanction by the University community or the Brooks College of Health.
- All students in the Brooks College of Health programs will be held accountable to the most recent Code of Ethics, Guides for Professional Conduct and/or Position Statements as developed by their respective disciplines. Refer to your program handbook or program director for the specifics.
Applicants must demonstrate completion with a minimum grade of "C" at the undergraduate or graduate levels in each of the following subject areas:
- Anatomy and Physiology (2 semesters with labs)
BSC2085c Human Anatomy and Physiology I with lab
BSC2086c Human Anatomy and Physiology II with lab
- Physics with lab
PHY2053/2053L Algebra-based Physics I with lab
- Chemistry with lab
CHM2045/2045L General Chemistry I with lab
- Biology with lab
BSC1010c General Biology I with lab
STA2014 or 2023 Elementary Statistics
HUN2201 Basic Principles of Human Nutrition
PSY2012 Intro to Psychology
- Biomechanics or Kinesiology
PET3312c Biomechanics or PET3310 Kinesiology
- Exercise Physiology
HSC4612 Exercise Physiology for Health Science
Major Requirements (54 credits)
Must be completed with a grade of "C" or higher
ATR5126C Gross Anatomy AT (4 Credits)
ATR5105C Foundations Athletic Training (3 Credits)
ATR5217C Orthopedic Assessment/Diagnosi
ATR5306C Therapeutic Interventions I
ATR5119C Emergency Management of Athlet
ATR5815C Clinical Integration I
ATR5218C Orthopedic Assessment/Diagnosi
ATR5307C Therapeutic Interventions II
ATR5406C Clinical Medicine
ATR5825C Clinical Integration II
ATR6308C Therapeutic Interventions III
ATR6515 Athletic Training Admin (3 Credits)
ATR6617 Research Methods
ATR6945L Clinical-Decision Making I (1 Credit)
ATR6835C Clinical Integration III
ATR6505C Seminar in Athletic Training
ATR6618 Applied Research (3 Credits)
ATR6946L Clinical-Decision Making II (1 Credit)
ATR6845C Clinical Integration IV
Not required for graduation
ATR6907 Independent Study in AT
ATR6949C Clinical Integration Experienc