Major: Applied Mathematics
Degree: Post-Baccalaureate Certificate
Certificate Requirements (15 credits)
Because today s businesses depend upon your ability to analyze and interpret data you need the knowledge and technical skills to make decisions that stand up to scrutiny from your supervisors, clients, and customers. Graduate study in applied mathematics can provide you with the tools you need to be confident that your projects are backed by proven methodology, a solid plan, and strong data-driven assessments.
As a student in Applied Mathematics Certificate program, you can increase your understanding of mathematical models while you train on industry- standard software packages such as Maple, Matlab, and Mathematica. The program blends practical and theoretical analysis and will give you the tools and knowledge you need to handle and analyze data/modeling problems for your organization.
Students must possess graduate standing in order to enroll in the Applied Mathematics Certificate Program. In order to receive the Certificate in Applied Mathematics, students must have an average GPA in certificate courses of 3.0 and no grade below a C.
- Please contact graduate advisor for an OFFICIAL program of study. This program is pending evaluation of official transcripts.
- Some courses require additional prerequisites. You must complete course prerequisites before registering for any graduate course. Refer to the course catalog for details.
SELECT 15 credits from the list below
- MAP 6605 Topics in Financial Math (3 credits)
- MAD 6405 Numerical Analysis (3 credits)
- STA 6166 Statistical Methods 1 (3 credits)
- MAA 6938 Topics in Applied Analysis (3 credits)
- MAP 6336 Ordinary Differential Equations (3 credits)
- MAP 6932 Topics in Optimization (3 credits)
- MAP 6345 Partial Differential Equations (3 credits)
- MAP 6385 Scientific Computing (3 credits)
- MAT 6933 Speical Topic: Mathematical Science (3 credits)
- MAP 6489 Mathematical Biology (3 Credits)
For more information on course descriptions please visit the course catalog.