The Library online renewal service requires a UNF N# and UNF password. Special borrowers must use their library number beginning with 203 or 22107 or 32107 and the last four digits of their social security number.
- Renewals are requested on a "renew all" or on an item by item basis in compliance with the Library's specific borrowing privileges and policies.
- Generally, items may be renewed as many times as needed, as long as the cumulative loan/renewal periods do not exceed one year and no one has placed a hold request on the item.
- Ten or more overdue items blocks use of online renewal.
- For purposes of fines and bills, the system due date prevails for any renewal transaction.
- If the item is overdue when you renew it, overdue fines may be charged to your account.
Online Renewal is Available Under the Following Conditions
- Your library privileges are currently active.
- Your patron category (student, faculty, etc.) permits renewal privileges.
- Books/items are included on your list of items checked out.
- The book/item is eligible for renewal.
Renewal Requests May be Blocked Under the Following Conditions:
- The book is on hold for another borrower.
- You have reached or exceeded the 1 year cumulative loan/renewal maximum. An in-library renewal may be required in this instance.
- You have exceeded the maximum number of books you may check out or renew.
- Your privileges have expired.
- You are not eligible to renew books.
- You have overdue books.
- You have unpaid library bills due at the UNF Cashier's Office.
- You have billed books.
- The book may not be renewed. (Course reserve, high use, or items in a non-circulating collections may not be renewed) .
In the situations listed above, the item must be brought to the library for further processing or return.
Alternatives when Renewal Request is Refused
- If the item is on hold for another borrower, you must return it to the Library.
- If you are trying to renew a "Billed" item, you must bring the item to the library to verify that you have the item and appropriate credits can be initiated against your Cashier's Office account.
- Contact us by email or telephone (904) 620-2615 with your specific questions or concerns. Be sure to include your UNF N# or special borrower card number.
- Bring your items to the Library to renew them. Exceptions can be resolved, system blocks reset, and subsequent online renewals enabled.