Major: Clinical Nutrition
Concentration: Advanced Practice
Degree: Doctor of Clinical Nutrition
- Satisfactorily complete all courses required by the program and approved by the university.
- Satisfactorily complete all clinical requirements.
- Attain a grade of "B" or better in all work counting toward the doctoral degree.
- Satisfactorily complete the Advanced Practice Residency.
- Satisfactorily complete and defend the final Doctoral Project.
- All students in the Brooks College of Health programs will be held accountable to the most recent Code of Ethics, Guides for Professional Conduct and/or Position Statements as developed by their respective disciplines. Refer to your program handbook or program director for the specifics.
- Be in good standing; not subject to any sanction by the University community or Department of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Core Requirements (39 credits)
For HUN7985 Doctoral Project, students must register for a total of 9 credits per course over the duration of the program.
HUN7803 Adv Topics in Nutrition Scienc (3 Credits)
NGR5172 Pharmacotherapeutics (3 Credits)
HUN7820 Adv Concepts in Nutr/Wellness (3 Credits)
HUN7525 Adv Leadership & Public Policy (3 Credits)
HUN7625 Advanced Nutrition Counseling (3 Credits)
PHT6303C Applied Pathophysiology (2 Credits)
HUN7219 Adv Concepts in Clinical Nutri (3 Credits)
HUN7831 Grant Development
NGR7843 Stat Interp for Adv Prac (3 Credits)
HUN7981 Pre-Doctoral Project (3 Credits)
HUN7985 Doctoral Project (3-9 Credits)
Practice Residency (12 credits)
For HUN7943 Advanced Practice Residency, students must register for a total of 9 credits per course over the duration of the program.
HUN7943 Adv Practice Residency (3-9 Credits)
HUN7939 Doctoral Seminar in Nutrition
Major Electives (3 credits)
Faculty will work individually with students to help them identify a strategy for their elective studies. Qualitatively, this individualized approach to helping students tailor the work to their interests and needs provides an advanced practice doctoral professional who is better prepared to work addressing the health needs of the institution and the communities they serve.
ELECTIVE Select one
Suggested electives (some of these may not be available DL)
- HUN7xxx Special Topics in Advanced Nutrition (1-3 credits)
- PHC6103 Essentials of Public Health (3 credits)
- HSC6505 Epidemiology (3 credits)
- NGR7871 Health Informatics for Advanced Practice (3 credits)