Major: Computing & Info Sciences
Concentration: Information Sys/Business Minor
Degree: Bachelor of Science
Bachelor of Science in Computing & Information Sciences: (120 credit hours, including a min 54 upper level hrs)
- All course work must be completed with a grade of 'C' or better, unless otherwise noted.
- Once enrolled at UNF, any remaining prerequisites for the major / minor must be completed at UNF.
- *** CIS Satisfactory Progress Policy ***
Students who do not successfully complete a CIS prerequisite or core requirement on the first attempt, including W, WP, or WF, will have one chance to repeat the course. Unsuccessful completion after two attempts will block registration for future computing courses.
- Exit Requirements:
1. Proficiency in a high-level programming language.
2. Spoken Presentation: To apply oral communications skills in the program, you will deliver up to two presentations in computing courses. If the first presentation is satisfactory, a second presentation will be waived.
Information System Prerequisites: (8 courses - 24.0 semester hours)
All course work must be completed with a grade of C or better.
Note: UNF requires two high level programming languages for Info Systems majors. COP2010 is also required.
ACG2021 Prin of Financial Accounting (3 Credits)
ACG2071 Prin Managerial Accounting (3 Credits)
ECO2013 Principles of Macroeconomics (3 Credits)
ECO2023 Principles of Microeconomics (3 Credits)
STA2023 (GM) Elem Statistics-Business (3 Credits)
STA2023 is preferred. STA2122 may be used.
MAC2233 (GM)Calculus for Business (3 Credits)
CGS1570 Microcomputer Applica Software (3 Credits)
CGS1570 is preferred. CGS1100 or CGS1060 may be used.
COP2551 Introduction to OO Programming (3 Credits)
Java, an object oriented language, is preferred and will be used in subsequent courses.
Information Systems Foundation: (4 courses - 13.0 semester hours)
SPEECH Select any public speaking*SPC
COP2010 Intro to Visual Proc Prog (3 Credits)
Visual BASIC is preferred and will be used in subsequent courses.
COT3100 Computational Structures (3 Credits)
COP3855 Web Access and System Design (4 Credits)
Information Systems Core Requirements: (6 courses - 19.0 semester hours)
COP3538 Data Structures Using OOP (4 Credits)
COP4640 OS Env Admin (3 Credits)
CIS4253 Legal & Ethical Iss in Comput (3 Credits)
ISM4011 Intro Management Info Systems (3 Credits)
MAN3025 Administrative Management (3 Credits)
FIN3403 Financial Management (3 Credits)
Major Requirements (12 credits)
Information Science/Systems Major Requirements: (4 courses - 12.0 semester hours)
COP4720 Database Systems (3 Credits)
CIS4327 Information Syst Sr Project I (3 Credits)
CIS4328 Information Syst Sr Project II (3 Credits)
CDA4503 Computer Networks/Dist Process (3 Credits)
Major Electives (12 credits)
Information Systems Major Electives: (4 courses - 12.0 semester hours)
SELECT Four Courses - min 12.0 hours*
Select 4 Courses for a minimum of 12.0 hours:
-- Other qualifying elective courses may be offered as Special Topics. See School of Computing for list of approved courses.
- CAP 4730 Graphic Systems/Applications
- CAP 4020 Multimedia Systems
- CAP 4770 Data Mining
- CAP 4772 Data Warehousing
- CDA 3101 Intro Computer Hardware
- CDA 4503 (CNT4504) Comp Networks/Distributed Processing
- CDA 4011 (4010) Office Automation/Human Factors
- CEN 4516 Networks/Distributed Processing
- CEN 4801 Systems Integration
- CIS 4100 System Performance/Evaluation
- CIS 4362 Computer Cryptography
- CIS 4510 Expert Systems/Decision Support
- COP 3543 Enterprise Computing
- COP 4640 Operating Systems Environments
- COP 4722 Database Systems II
- COP 4723 Database Administration
- COT 4560 Applied Graph Theory
- COP 4813 Internet Programming
- MAN 4082 e-Business Strategy
- MAN 4583 Project Management
-- Directed Independent Study courses may not be used to satisfy major or minor electives without prior permission from SoC Director.
Minor Electives (6 credits)
Information Systems Minor Electives: (2 courses - 6.0 semester hours)
SELECT 2 courses - 6.0 hours from:
Note: A total of 12 upper level hours of business courses must be taken at UNF.
- BUL 3130 Legal Envir of Business
- MAN 3504 Prod-Oper-Logistics Mangmnt
- MAR 3023 Princ of Marketing
Exit Requirement: Computer & Information Sciences Oral Communication (Spoken Presentation)
To apply oral communications skills in the program, all CIS majors will deliver up to two presentations in computing courses for evaluation of presentation skills. If the first presentation is satisfactory, a second evaluated presentation will be waived.
Select additional courses as necessary to attain 54 upper level (3000-4000) hours.
*Note: This area is MET by default, initially. Should more upper hours be required, it will be adjusted.*
The Info Science major requirements provide 41 upper hours, plus those provided by the minor.
The Info Systems major provides 56 upper hours.
*(This total will be adjusted by advisor depending on hours used in other areas.)
UPPER-LVL FREE ELECTIVES (3000-4000)
Select, as necessary, additional courses at any level (1000-4000) to attain 120 hours.
(The usual amount is 3.0 hrs at any level. This total may be adjusted by advisor depending on hours used in other areas.)
ANY-LEVEL FREE ELECTIVES (1000-4000)