COBOL/CICS Training Program
Software Development Life Cycle Assignment
Assignment #1 - Summer 1999
Provide the employee the opportunity to review Power Point overheads on
various aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle
Directions: You are to answer the questions below using the word
processor of your choice. Please answer the questions underneath the
questions themselves and print out your answers for me.
Assignment due date: Friday, 20 August, start of class.
- Name the generic phases in the SDLC.
- Why do you feel that this process model has prevailed through the
years - although not in its original form?
- What are the major advantages / disadvantages of the SDLC?
- What is the major attraction of "rapid prototyping" the front end of
the generic SDLC?
- Explain how the Spiral Model for software development incorporates
key features of the SDLC, the prototyping model, and risk analysis?
- Explain what "incremental development" means to you.
- Cite other "models" that may be used (a non-exhaustive list) to
provide a structure / process for software development.