- Make an assertive statement to leave you alone.
- Be clear and brief.
- Maintain a detailed record of day, date, time and location of each encounter with the stalker.
- Do not engage in a lengthy conversation because you are afraid you may hurt their feelings. Stay firm after an assertive statement.
- Notify the police.
- Avoid being alone as much as possible or let someone know your whereabouts.
- Change your phone number.
- Vary your daily routine drive or take a different mode of transportation to get where you are going.
- Meet with a Victim Advocate to discuss and create a safety plan.
Help is available!
A Victim Advocate is available 24 hours a day.