Event Use Policy
The Herbert University Center (HUC) is available for rent to UNF and external organizations as a venue for hosting events. The following policy outlines allowable events and those strictly prohibited.
In addition to events hosted by organizations with a primary focus on education and training, the HUC permits the rental of its facilities for personal events, including but limited to:
- Bar Mitzvahs, Bat Mitzvahs
- Birthday Celebrations
- Retirement Celebrations
- Family & Class Reunions
- Bridal & Baby Showers
- Memorial Services
The following events in the facilities are strictly prohibited:
- events that are unlawful;
- events that may be dangerous, as determined by the HUC Director;
- events that could invalidate any insurance policy held by UNIVERSITY or USER;
- events that may create a nuisance and/or disturb other users of the facilities, as determined by the HUC Director;
- events that may violate any applicable municipal, state, or federal law, or regulation, or any rule or policy to which the UNIVERSITY is subject.
Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to a discotheque, dance club, teen or young adult club or lounge, gun show, painting class, sale or distribution of pornographic material.