The committee invited the current and past two Faculty Association Presidents to the meeting to discuss the role of the Budget Advisory Committee.
Ideas generated for the committee to discuss / present in future meetings were”
- Submitting informational items to Faculty Association containing plots showing different areas of finance at UNF.
- Looking into inertia costs and faculty retention.
- Looking into budgeting for the strategic plan and strategic priorities.
- Looking at information available on the UNF budget website (http://www.unf.edu/planningandbudget/Charts.aspx)
- Looking into non-recurring fund allocations used to purchase library subscriptions.
- Looking into reallocation of faculty lines
- A discussion was held regarding having a representative from the Budget Advisory Committee sit in on University budget discussions.
- Developing a budget timeline so that future committees can invite appropriate guests to the meeting at appropriate times.
Based on the discussion, the committee decided to begin by developing a budget timeline. The committee will invite Anne Hoover to the next meeting to put together the timeline.