leaders are students who have already successfully completed the SI course they
facilitate. They are recommended by faculty and are trained in the SI
collaborative learning approach. SI leaders attend every class with their
students and then plan and facilitate regularly scheduled study sessions that
encourage student collaboration in order to gain a better understanding of the
content being covered in class. The time commitment involved typically ranges
from 9-11 hours per week.
Is this for you?
In general, we’re looking for students who:
- Are high achieving students who have performed successfully in the class for which they plan to be an SI leader (and preferably with the same professor, although that’s not always feasible);
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Are above the classification of freshman and have completed at least one semester at UNF;
- Possess excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Have a schedule which allows them to attend lectures for the class for which they plan to be an SI leader;
- Do not have a conduct record, and who demonstrate professionalism with the Undergraduate Studies staff, their peers, and their students.
are interested in becoming an SI leader, please complete the application on the
UNF Human Resources website by visiting http://www.unfjobs.org/postings/3419.
complete the application and upload all required documents. You may also need to secure the recommendation of the instructor you wish to SI for. We hire SI leaders on an as-needed basis, typically prior to the start of each semester. For more information, please contact the SI program at email@example.com.