The Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR) provides low-cost poster printing services for UNF students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
Please read this entire page carefully before you submit your poster for printing. OUR requires a minimum one week (defined as 5 business days) from poster submission to poster pickup. We strongly recommend picking up your poster at least one day before you need it in case the post has an error.
How to print a poster
- Create your poster using PowerPoint or Adobe.
- Pay for your poster. Carefully follow all instructions on the payment website. Although the website asks for a shipping address, we do not ship posters.
- Submit your poster to the OUR by emailing the attachment to email@example.com. You may send a PowerPoint or PDF file. No other formats are accepted. You should receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of submitting your poster. If you do not receive this confirmation, please email again to inquire.
- Your poster will be ready one week (five business days) after it was submitted to the Office of Undergraduate Research.
- Pick up your poster in Building 2 (Founder's Hall), Suite 1200 (Undergraduate Studies). Please ask for your poster at the front desk.
- The ideal poster size for the printer in the Office of Undergraduate Research is 3' x 4' (36" high x 48" wide). Poster height cannot exceed 42" inches (or it will run off the paper), but it is possible to print a wider poster -- for example, 54".
- Please name your PowerPoint or PDF poster using the following protocol: author last name_poster dimensions (e.g., Smith_36x48).
- OUR can only print PPT or PDF files. We do not accept Word, Publisher, or any online links to files. There are no exceptions to this requirement.
- We do not recommend using online template services for creating your poster (e.g., PosterPresentations.com). These templates often do not print properly from our computers. If you choose to use an online template service, you must print your poster through that company's website. If you design your poster using an online service and print it through our office, you will be liable for that poster and its printing cost despite any errors and/or image or text distortions.
- You must set the dimensions of your poster within the file before you save it and send it to us. For example, if you want a 36" x 48" poster, size your PowerPoint slide to 36" x 48". Helpful tutorials on resizing a poster file can be found on YouTube.
- You must pay for your poster correctly and in full before we will print it.
- You must submit your poster for printing no later than one week before you need to pick it up. We strongly recommend that you do not wait until the last minute to pick up your poster in case it needs to be reprinted.
Cost of poster printing
The cost of poster printing is $.54 per linear inch. The cost is determined by the longest side of the poster; that is, a 36" x 48" poster will cost $25.92 (48" x $.54 = $25.92) plus tax. Read the instructions on the payment portal very carefully. Enter the number of inches -- the measurement of the longest side -- next to "Quantity" to calculate the price of your poster. Do not enter "1" for "Quantity" during payment. Faculty who wish to pay for posters through their department should email firstname.lastname@example.org with all pertinent information and we will send an invoice to your office manager.
New OUR poster templates are forthcoming. In the meantime, please refer to the beautiful Poster Template Gallery posted on the UNF CIRT (Center for Instruction and Research Technology) website. There you will find PowerPoint templates in Horizontal, Vertical, and Tri-fold formats (look in the upper left corner of the page). CIRT Tri-fold templates are already sized as 4' x 3' (which is 36" high by 48" wide). However, if you choose to use a Horizontal or Vertical template from CIRT, you must resize the poster to 36" by 48" before you submit it to OUR for printing. The Office of Undergraduate Research will not resize your poster for you since some font sizes may also need to be adjusted.
Frequently asked questions
When will my poster be ready for pick up?
Your poster will be ready for pickup one week (five business days) after you have submitted it.
Where do I pick up my poster?
You should pick up your poster in Building 2 (Founder's Hall), Suite 1200 (Undergraduate Studies). Please ask for it at the front desk.
How do I resize my poster?
We recommend using YouTube for tutorials on resizing posters in PowerPoint and Adobe.
What size should my poster be?
Most posters printed in the Office of Undergraduate Research are 36" tall x 48" wide. Our plotter uses 42" paper and therefore cannot print posters which exceed 42" in height, although we can print wider posters (e.g., 36" x 54"). If you are presenting at a poster conference, check the conference website for specific size requirements. If you are creating a poster for a course at UNF, ask your instructor or faculty mentor about specific size requirements.
If I find a mistake on my poster after it is printed, do I have to pay to reprint it?
If the Office of Undergraduate Research makes a mistake printing your poster, we will reprint it for you at no charge. If the error is yours, you (the customer) will be responsible for the full cost of a reprint.
The payment website asks for my shipping address; are you shipping this poster to me?
No. The shipping address is a formal prompt on behalf of the CashNet website. We do not ship posters.