Off-Campus Venues for LeadershipMot
The Institute offers opportunities for our students to receive hands-on experience with the following organizations. This experience provide outlets for civic involvement and leadership development. For those students who pursue the UNF Leadership Certificate, involvement with these organizations can be certified as meaningful learning experiences that meet requirements for the certificate. These experiences serve to complement classroom learning, provide real-world experience, while also equipping the student with a marketable “edge” when it comes to applying for employment or graduate school.
AMIkids Jacksonville (Updated 01/09/2017)
AMIkids Jacksonville is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping kids discover the potential within them, transform their lives and develop into responsible and productive citizens. AMIkids strives to empower youth through care and guidance to reach their natural born potential and, as a result, break the cycle of failure and poverty. AMIkids understands that as life progresses, many children are faced with pressures and an environment that can influence decisions. Fortunately for children who have made decisions that negatively impact them, their family and their community, AMIkids is available. Through AMIkids' Personal Growth Model, students receive individualized treatment and academic plans, based on assessed needs, that target and reduce the risk factors that sustain negative behavior and academic failure.
AMIkids is looking for UNF students to serve as mentors, especially in areas of leadership, to students currently enrolled in the program. Mentoring is a fantastic way to integrate classroom learning with a real-world experience, allowing you to gain a deeper understanding of leadership constructs introduced in course content. Mentoring others is a great way to reflect on your own experiences and would be an excellent entry for the Experiential Learning Transcript (ELT).
For more information on AMIkids please CLICK HERE. For more information on how to serve as a mentor at AMIkids, please contact TLI's Outreach Coordinator, Alison Noonan at (904) 620-5710 or by email at alison.noonan@unf..edu.
Jacksonville Jaguars Marketing Street Team (Updated 1/12/2017)
The Jacksonville Jaguars are looking for enthusiastic, positive, motivated, personable, outgoing young women and men to be part of a dynamic Jaguars Jax Pack Street Team. Is you are looking to start a career in professional sports marketing, this could be a great entry-level opportunity for you. The Jax Pack Street Team members will play a major role in executing the grassroots marketing plan, and representing the Jaguars brand in the community at local and regional Jacksonville Jaguars events.
This position is a part-time position paid on an hourly basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the Jacksonville Jaguars at local and regional events, watch parties at sports bars, festival appearances and various other assigned events.
- Support database collection efforts at every event and engage, interact with fans in a professional manner to answer any questions.
- Generate information, new ideas and provide reports after each marketing event.
- Distribute marketing collateral materials and promotional items at various events as assigned.
- Operate and maintain promotional equipment including but not limited to, mobile promotional vehicles, inflatables, sales tables, survey area and other set-up elements.
- Work with and support Jaguars mascot Jaxson de Ville, ROAR cheerleaders and D-Line appearances.
- Motivated, personable, positive and great team player
- Committed to ensuring superior customer service and professional attitude
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Ability to carry up to 50 lbs. and participate in vigorous physical activity
- All Jax Pack members must possess a valid driver's license and provide their own transportation to events
- Social media experience
- Live and represent the Jaguars Brand
To apply email your resume to JaxPack@jaguars.com