Welcome to Market Days at the John A. Delaney Student Union!
Every Wednesday, the Osprey Plaza transforms into a bustling
marketplace where the UNF community enjoys a wide variety of products and
services from a diverse group of vendors. On any Wednesday, you can find
local handmade products, from jewelry to soap to artwork; learn more about
local businesses and the services they offer, or enjoy free food and giveaways
provided by Market Days and our vendors. Market Days are the perfect opportunity
to find out what UNF and the Jacksonville community have to offer!
For vendors, Market Days is the perfect opportunity to
promote your business or organization in a fun and interactive way and to
connect with the 16,000+ members of the UNF community.
- Takes place most Wednesdays (excluding certain holidays) during the Fall and Spring Semesters.
- Costs to attend:
- $30.00 (includes tax) for off-campus vendors and non-RSO student reservations
- $5.00 for on-campus departments
- $15.00 for Registered Student Organizations (RSOs) collecting donations or selling items
- No cost for RSOs in good standing through Club Alliance
- Costs are not fixed and subject to change at any time.
- Payment must be submitted in full in advance of the event. Future reservations may be cancelled due to failure to pay.
- All participants are provided with a 10'x10' space, 1 table and 2 chairs.
- Check in starts as early as 8:30AM in the Student Union Osprey Plaza.
- On average, each Market Days see 600 - 1,200 participants.
- Market Days takes place outdoors and remains open regardless of weather conditions. In the case of a severe weather advisory an email about program changes will be sent to vendors.
- You will be registered for the days you select on this form, unless otherwise instructed by the Market Days staff.
- Failure to attend or cancel will result in a "Now Show/No Cancellation" fee of $30 (including tax) for off-campus vendors and $15.00 for RSOs who intended to sell or fundraise.
- Cancellation notice must be submitted via email 48 hours in advance of the event date.
- Three “No Show/No Cancellation” in one semester will result in suspension from making additional reservations for the remainder of the semester.
- Spots are "first come, first serve." If you have special accommodations that need to be met, (electric outlet, additional tables, a vehicle, etc.) please specify on this request form.
- Parking passes are limited to 2 per vendor. If you require more than 2 passes you must purchase them directly from a Parking Services Pay-By-Plate Kiosk for $5.00 per pass.
- Unauthorized vehicles are not permitted in the Plaza. Take advantage of the loading zone and 20-minute parking spaces for your load-in/load-out needs.
- Load-in may begin no earlier than 8:30AM. Load-in must be completed no later than 9:30AM.
- Event time is 10 AM to 2 PM. If you would like to stay beyond 2 PM you must also submit an Off-Campus User form.
- Amplified sound/music of any kind is not permitted without prior approval.
- A representative from your organization must be present at all times.
- Tents not only provide protection from weather, but also better visuals and make your booth stand out.
- Interactive games, from corn hole to prize wheels, are a great way to get students to stop and talk to you.
- Vendors are welcome to bring their own “Square” or card reader credit card machine for accepting payments. Many students do not carry cash, so try to be open to multiple forms of payment.
- Using signs, let them know who you are, what you’re selling, and details you want to share.
- Clearly display your prices, and keep in mind the main demographic of Market Days is college students.
- We DO NOT provide extension cords. Please bring your own if you need one.
If you have any further questions, please email Erica Slaten at email@example.com.