Eligibility for Services
Students: Health Care Provider visits are by appointment only. All fee paying students, who are currently enrolled in classes, are eligible for scheduling doctor’s appointments.
Faculty and Staff: First aid care,
Services available to UNF Students
The following services, which are funded by student health fees, are provided to students:
- Diagnosis and treatment of illness, injury and emergencies on campus
- Referrals for specialist care
- Consultation for specific concerns
Services provided at a nominal cost to student include:
- Physical exams
- Minor surgical procedures
- TB skin testing and immunizations
- Pregnancy testing
- Laboratory services such as blood counts, throat cultures, urinalysis, cholesterol/lipid panel, and other specimens are collected on site and submitted to a local laboratory
- STD (sexually transmitted diseases) screening and treatment: There will be costs/fees for STD labs at Student Health Services. For questions regarding STD testing, on-campus resources include Student Health Services, the LGBTQ Center, and Recreation and Wellness.
- Gynecological exams
We accept Cash, Checks and Ozzie Bucks, it is preferable that the students pay at the time of service. However, we understand that that is not always possible. In those instances the student is given 30 days to pay the balance.
After 30 days, the students UNF account is placed on hold until they make a payment. Third-party health insurance companies are not billed by Student Health Services.
The following services are available through local clinics or hospitals. Students are responsible for payment for these services.
- Emergency treatment