Office of the Student Advocate
Serving Student Advocate
- If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to the Student Advocate by emailing email@example.com or our comment box.
- For students who sit on a University-Wide Committee, there are UWC Reporting Forms available on Perch Portal.
Who is the Student Advocate?
The Student Advocate is a member of the Executive Branch of Student Government, appointed to the Cabinet of the Student Body President, and confirmed by the Senate.
Your current Student Advocate is Vacant. You can reach the Student Advocate by calling (904) 620-1587 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the absence, contact the SG Rotunda by calling (904) 620-2750.
How can the Student Advocate help you?
The Student Advocate can help students with a variety of issues, from addressing student complaints and concerns, to guiding students through problems with faculty and the administration.
Common ways in which the Student Advocate helps students:
- Represent students during parking appeal hearings,
- Refer students to the appropriate department within the University to resolve their issue,
- Provide students with information about how to get involved with Student Government,
- Answer questions about current Student Government initiatives and projects,
- Mediate complaints/concerns between two or more students.
- Provide Drink Smart Cards
The Student Advocate does not:
- Supersede the authority of other University officials or faculty,
- Change rules, policies, practices, or procedures,
- Participate in any formal grievance process outside of Student Government,
- Conduct formal investigations outside of Student Government,
- Provide legal counsel or represent a student in any legal matter not under the purview of Student Government.
What does the Student Advocate do?
The Student Advocate's duties are outlined by the Constitution and Statutes of the UNF Student Government as well as the Policies and Procedures of the Executive and Judicial Branches. The following responsibilities are entrusted to the Student Advocate:
The Student Advocate shall:
- Be responsible for representing the interests of the Student Body, as expressed through the President, to the faculty and administration on all major academic related programs or initiatives of the University.
- Serve as a Student Liaison through the Student Government to assist Students with problems, concerns, and complaints, such as those involving academics and the administration, through informal means such as counseling, negotiation, and mediation.
- Be responsible for researching and developing programs for the President that improve the University of North Florida campus and affect students on a daily basis.
- Serve as Chief Public Defender for Student Government barring a conflict of interest, and shall, upon request, provide defense counsel to any party concerning matters under the purview of Student Government.
- Serve as a non-voting ex-officio member of the University and Student Affairs Committee.
306.2 The Student Advocate is appointed by the President, subject to confirmation by the Senate.
Drink Smart Cards
What are they?
Drink Smart Cards are mobile test kits used to test beverages for drugs used to perpetrate crimes of sexual violence. Each card tests for GHB and Ketamine.
- The Student Government Rotunda: Building 58E Room 3300
- The LGBTQ Resource Center: Building 58E Room 1111
- The Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life: Building 58E Room 2102
- The International Center: building 58E Room 2300
- UNF PERCH: Building 39 Room 4033
- UNF Women's Center: Building 2 Room 2100
- Housing and Residence Life Office: Building 14B
- The Office of Student Accountability and Resolution: Building 57W Room 2750