The Research Development Staff's mission is to submit complete, compliant, responsive and well-written proposals from UNF faculty members to funding agencies with a goal of ensuring proposals are designed to enable good stewardship of sponsored research funds.
This staff is responsible for complying with university, federal, state, and funding agency guidelines, rules, and regulations during budget preparation when determining costs applicable to grants, contracts, and other agreements. It is Research Development's responsibility to determine at the outset if a particular funding opportunity is in the best interest of the University and whether or not it enhances its academic mission.
ORSP assists University faculty and staff interested in pursuing external funding for research and training projects in the proposal development process by:
- Obtaining funding agency applications and guidelines
- Reviewing proposals for adherence to University and agency guidelines and clarifying proposal requirements
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals to include: reviewing proposals for consistency with the funding announcement as well as providing feedback on proposal language, editing assistance, providing standard wording regarding the University and its policies and procedures, and assisting with standard application forms
- Developing proposal budgets in accordance with University and agency policies by providing data regarding salaries, fringe benefits, facilities and administrative costs, etc.
- Initiating the internal approval process by preparing the internal approval forms
- Preparing the proposal package for submission to the funding agency in compliance with the agency's requirements, making copies, and forwarding to the funding agency.