Working with UNF Technology
Researchers at the University of North Florida are developing cutting-edge solutions that have the potential to transform industries and lives, and we are always looking to partner with industry to further R&D efforts and commercialize our inventions. If you wish to receive email alerts when new patent-pending or patented technologies become available, please contact email@example.com. You can also view a list of available technologies.
Ensuring that products of the university's R&D efforts can quickly be used to have the most positive impact on the communities we serve is our #1 priority. To achieve this, UNF offers easy licensing options to our partners:
UNF Easy License
- Low-cost (or free), low-risk opportunity for business partners interested in licensing existing UNF inventions.
- Similar to an option agreement, offers partner a limited period of time, typically six months, to evaluate the technology.
- Free exclusive option for partner who currently is supporting or has supported any UNF R&D through $25K+ contract; exclusive option $5K for all others.
- Conversion to exclusive worldwide license at industry-comparable royalty rate, with first $1M in product revenue royalty-free; royalty buy-out negotiable prior to first product delivery.
- Expenses for US patent payable only when issues; foreign filings at discretion of licensee.
UNF Spinoff License
- Designed to support new startups fully or partially owned by UNF entrepreneurs who wish to commercialize UNF technology, including those that they developed as employees or students of the university.
- The exclusive worldwide license has no up-front costs, and defers any patent costs until one year after the first product delivery, in exchange for a 1% share of any future liquidation event.
- Features a minimal royalty rate of 1% of net product sales.
- UNF is happy to negotiate the specific terms of an option or license agreement to meet the needs of our business partners.