RecWell Employee Training
First Aid/CPR/AED Training
RecWell staff are required to be currently certified in CPR/AED and First-Aid. Each semester, training is made available to current staff members of the Recreation and Wellness Department. The training is comprised of an online learning portion and a hands-on training. The online learning portion must be completed prior to attending the hands-on training.
Here's how to become certified:
- Sign up for a class. RSVP is required through this sign up link. Sign up for a Practical Skills Sessions (hands-on training)
- Complete online learning portion at American Red Cross
- Online learning time is approximately 2 hours
- To complete the online learning, you'll be prompted to login - first time users need to create a login for Red Cross
- Trouble accessing online learning? Troubleshooting tips & FAQ.
- After completing the online learning portion, print your certificate (if you cannot print it, take a photo on your phone)
- Attend the practical skills session (hands-on training) for which you signed up
- Hands-on training is approximately 2 hours
- Skills sessions conclude with multiple choice exams
- Done! Once your training is over, allow a few days for your certification to be processed. You'll receive an email from the Red Cross with a link to your digital certification. Turn in your completion certificate (or show from phone)
- Submit your time sheet for 4 hours paid time. In the comments enter: Adult CPR/AED and first-aid training
Could not attend one of these sessions? Certification is still a requirement. Contact the Health Promotions unit about attending one of their CPR classes. There is a fee to attend - make sure you identify yourself as a RecWell staff member to attend for free. Keep your supervisor updated about your progress and completion of the training so your staff record can be updated.
environment that COVID-19 presents, for the health and safety of the
instructors and all participants, these are the modifications our staff can
- All participants
are expected to wear face masks. The
instructor(s) will prompt when these may be removed at the appropriate time
during the course for skill work.
- Each participant
will be provided their own manikin, trainer AED, and supplies.
- Participants will
be spread out in stations across the room to support social distancing.
materials such as disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer will be provided.
- Skill sessions
are modified to promote non-contact with others and social distancing.
- As with any other
shift, RecWell staff members are expected to self-screen prior to attending the
in-person session. Staff Members should not attend class & should
- They have been ill or have any signs of
illness within 24 hours prior to the class (cough, shortness of breath, difficulty
breathing, fever, chills, muscle pain sore throat or new loss of taste or
- If presenting these signs or symptoms, the
staff member should follow refer to the COVID reporting resources from the staff manual.
QUESTIONS? Any questions about RecWell CPR/AED and First Aid certification training can be addressed to Heather Kite, firstname.lastname@example.org.