The purpose of the Osprey Cliff is…
- To aid in the development of specific climbing skills of students, faculty and staff, and members of the Student Wellness Complex at the University of North Florida.
- To provide participants with an opportunity for healthy, informal recreation and fitness.
- To provide opportunities for physical and mental challenges that promote personal growth and development.
- To encourage communication in an active social setting.
Climbing is an amazing experience. It challenges your physical, mental and emotional ability. It provides an opportunity to overcome fears and develop a great sense of accomplishment and self-worth. Our mission at the Osprey Cliff is to be a gateway for participants to have a safe, enjoyable climbing experience, and to create a climbing community environment that will help facilitate that experience.
- Gateway: An open medium for students of all climbing abilities seeking development through new experiences and challenges.
- Safety: Our primary focus is the safety of our participants. We accomplish this through comprehensive safety checks, supervision of all climbing by experienced attendants, and continual reinforcement of safety practices and standard climbing protocols.
- Enjoyment: Climbing is a great way to get a full body work out. It is also extremely fun. We strive to make climbing at the Osprey Cliff a rewarding experience for climbers of all abilities.
- Community: Fostering an inclusive group of people who share common interests and who support and trust one another.
Come climb with us! No experience necessary.
Climbing shoes and harnesses provided at no additional cost.
We are located on the first floor of the Student Wellness Complex (Building 61). Osprey 1Card required to participate.
For questions about the Osprey Cliff, contact Daniel Nutt at 904-620-5052 or by email at email@example.com