The Youth Sports and Fitness Camp began in 1981 with the idea of keeping kids active all summer long. It is an all-sports camp designed for ages 5 - 14 years old. All of our activities are age appropriate and are designed so that every camper has fun! Check out this year's brochure for an overview of camp.
*Swimming takes place at a campus housing pool. Certified life guards are on duty and US Coast Guard life jackets are provided to children who do not pass the swim test. Swim lessons are not available.
- Week 1 - Bowl America
- Week 2 - Sunshine Park (ages 5 - 8), Skate Station (ages 9 - 14)
- Week 3 - Jacksonville Zoo (ages 5 - 8), Velocity (ages 9 - 14)
- Week 4 - Pump It Up (ages 5 - 8), Alligator Farm (ages 9 - 14)
- Week 5 - Cookout on UNF Campus
- Week 6 - Jumbo Shrimp Baseball Game (Wednesday)
- Week 7 - Chuck E Cheese (ages 5 - 8), Adventure Landing-Dry Park (ages 9 - 14)
- Week 8 - Adventure Landing-Dry Park (ages 5 - 8), Adventure Landing-Water Park (ages 9 - 14)
- Week 9 - Alligator Farm (ages 5 - 8), Ripley's Believe It or Not (ages 9 - 14)
- Week 1 - Flag Football
- Week 2 - Basketball
- Week 3 - Soccer
- Week 4 - Volleyball/Tennis
- Week 5 - Softball
- Week 6 - Flag Football
- Week 7 - Basketball
- Week 8 - Soccer
- Week 9 - Softball/Volleyball
Camps are offered on a weekly basis for ages 5 - 14 with 9 sessions beginning June 4 (no camp July 4).
Camp hours are 9 AM - 4 PM.
Pick-Up/Drop-Off is located in lot 34.
Campers can be dropped off as early as 7:30 AM and be picked up as late as 6 PM at no additional cost.
For late drop-offs or early pick-ups, stop by The Recreation and Wellness Office located in The Student Wellness Complex, Building 61.
| Weekly Fee
|| Customer Type
||Assign Your Customer Type
(After Creating a Profile and Before Registering)
||Currently enrolled UNF students
||In office or over the phone
||UNF Faculty, UNF A&P Staff and UNF Alumni
||In office or over the phone
||Default customer type
The Youth Sport and Fitness Camp offers a lunch option for campers for an additional $35 per week to be paid by check, made payable to Mayes Food Service. Payment is due each Monday of camp attendance.
View the menu for week 1 (June 4-8).
A few things to know before registering:
- Your child must have health insurance in order to register for camp. Policy name and number will be required at check-out.
- Make sure your email address is current as this is the main method of communication regarding field trips, camp payments, and general camp information.
- Internet Explorer is the required web browser for online registration.
- Verify your customer type (after creating a profile and before registering) by calling us at (904) 620-2998.
Registration begins March 1 at 8 AM.
Families are encouraged to attend Camp Orientation, Friday, June 1 at 6 PM in the UNF Field House. This orientation is great for new and returning families to get practical information from the Camp Director. This year, one full week of camp and four $50 vouchers will be raffled at the orientation - you must be there to win!
Our Parent Packet is also full of helpful camp information. Registered families are encouraged to use the 2018 Camp Parking Pass when dropping off or picking up their campers. Vehicles without a parking pass are subject to citation.
Still have questions? Call The Recreation and Wellness Office at (904) 620-2998 or email Daryel Gullett, Camp Director, at email@example.com