Youth Sports & Fitness Camp
The Youth Sports and Fitness Camp began in 1981 with the idea of keeping kids active all summer long. It is an all-sports camp designed for ages 5 - 14 years old. All of our activities are age appropriate and are designed so that every camper has fun!
- Sport skill instruction
- Indoor/Outdoor free play
- Indoor rock climbing
- Group fitness classes
- Weekly field trip
*Swimming takes place at a campus housing pool. Certified life guards are on duty and US Coast Guard life jackets are provided to children who do not pass the swim test. Swim lessons are not available.
Field trips are held every Friday, 9 AM - 4 PM. We will be unable to accept late drop-offs or early pick-ups on these days.
- Week 1 - Bowl America
- Week 2 - Sunshine Park (ages 5 - 8), Skate Station (ages 9 - 14)
- Week 3 - Jacksonville Zoo (ages 5 - 8), Velocity (ages 9 - 14)
- Week 4 - Pump It Up (ages 5 - 8), Alligator Farm (ages 9 - 14)
- Week 5 - Cookout on UNF Campus
- Week 6 - Jumbo Shrimp Baseball Game (Wednesday)
- Week 7 - Chuck E Cheese (ages 5 - 8), Adventure Landing-Dry Park (ages 9 - 14)
- Week 8 - Adventure Landing-Dry Park (ages 5 - 8), Adventure Landing-Water Park (ages 9 - 14)
- Week 9 - Alligator Farm (ages 5 - 8), Ripley's Believe It or Not (ages 9 - 14)
- Week 1 - Flag Football
- Week 2 - Basketball
- Week 3 - Soccer
- Week 4 - Volleyball/Tennis
- Week 5 - Softball
- Week 6 - Flag Football
- Week 7 - Basketball
- Week 8 - Soccer
- Week 9 - Softball/Volleyball
Camps are offered on a weekly basis for ages 5 - 14 with 9 sessions beginning June 4 (no camp July 4).
Camp hours are 9 AM - 4 PM.
Pick-Up/Drop-Off is located in lot 34.
Campers can be dropped off as early as 7:30 AM and be picked up as late as 6 PM at no additional cost.
For late drop-offs or early pick-ups, stop by The Recreation and Wellness Office located in The Student Wellness Complex, Building 61.
||Assign Your Customer Type (After Creating a Profile and Before Registering)
||Currently enrolled UNF students
||In office or over the phone
||UNF Faculty, UNF A&P Staff and UNF Alumni
||In office or over the phone
||Default customer type
The Youth Sport and Fitness Camp offers a lunch option for campers for an additional $35 per week to be paid by check, made payable to Mayes Food Service. Payment is due each Monday of camp attendance.
A few things to know before registering:
- Your child must have health insurance in order to register for camp. Policy name and number will be required at check-out.
- Make sure your email address is current as this is the main method of communication regarding field trips, camp payments, and general camp information.
- Internet Explorer is the required web browser for online registration.
- Verify your customer type (after creating a profile and before registering) by calling us at (904) 620-2998.
Registration begins March 1 at 8 AM.
Families are encouraged to attend Camp Orientation, Friday, June 1 at 6 PM in the UNF Field House. This orientation is great for new and returning families to get practical information from the Camp Director. This year, one full week of camp and four $50 vouchers will be raffled at the orientation - you must be there to win!
Still have questions? Call The Recreation and Wellness Office at (904) 620-2998 or email Daryel Gullett, Camp Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
A 10% discount is available to families with multiple children and military. To qualify for the multi-child discount, campers must be enrolled on the same receipt transaction, in the same camp. Military must visit the Recreation and Wellness Office with a valid military ID to qualify for this discount.
Upon registering online, the parent or legal guardian is responsible for paying the registration fee for their child's first week of camp. Parents may choose to pay for all registered weeks in a single payment, or to set up a payment plan for additional weeks registered. Payment plans will automatically withdraw funds from the provided account the Sunday before the camper's week of camp.
NOTE: an online transaction fee is assessed to the total of the amount paid online which is a minimum of 1 week of camp. This fee goes directly to the online registration provider. Any additional amount scheduled for payment plan is not assessed a transaction fee.
Requests to switch weeks must be made in advance by calling the Recreation and Wellness Office.
There is no charge to switch camp weeks within the same camp. Camp weeks cannot be switched once the camp week has begun. Switching weeks between two camps may result in additional fees.
Refund requests are required in advance by calling the Recreation and Wellness Office. Refunds will not be given once the camp week has begun. Exceptions will be made only through the Camp Director.
Refunds requested after June 4 will be charged a $25 cancellation fee.
Camp fees will not be prorated for attending only a part of each day or only several days each week. There is no daily rate.