Eco Camp began in 2001 with the idea that children should be able to use nature as a fun and educational backdrop in the summer. It has expanded drastically in the past decade and is suitable for ages 6 - 14 years old.
Eco Camp provides children the opportunity to spend the summer outdoors while learning about Florida wildlife and having unforgettable experiences.
The Department of Recreation and Wellness is responding to
University, county, and state recommendations regarding COVID-19. In consideration of the well-being of our campers, camp staff and greater campus community, summer camp programs will not be available this
. We are hopeful to resume camp programming in the future as our community continues to adapt to this new health environment. Due to the varied remote work of our staff, the best way to communicate with us is through email at
. We appreciate your patience as staffing is limited.
Camps are offered on a weekly basis for ages 6 - 14 with 9 weekly sessions beginning following the end of Duval County schools.
Camp hours are from 9 AM - 4 PM.
Our camp is divided into four age groups:
- Otters: Ages 6-7
- Bobcats: Ages 8-9
- Panthers: Ages 10-11
- Bears: Ages 12-14
Pick-up/Drop-Off for Eco Camp is located at the John Golden Pavilion building in lot 100, next to Parking Services. Pick-up begins at 4 PM. After 4:30 PM, a $15 late fee will be charged to your account for every 15 minutes late.
Optional Before and After Care available Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM - 6 PM. Before and After Care is an additional $50 per week to be paid by check, made payable to UNF Eco Camp. Payment is due each Monday of camp attendance.
Eco Camp fees are per child, per week and cannot be pro-rated. Families with multiple children registered together in the same camp and on the same transaction, will receive a 10% discount per week on each additional child registered.
Discount will automatically be applied at checkout.
General Public Weekly Rate: $220
You have the option to pay in full or to be placed on a payment plan*. A non-refundable convenience fee will apply to all transactions.
*If you choose the payment plan option, payment for the first week the camper is registered will be required at checkout and the following weeks they are registered will be placed on the payment plan. Each Sunday, before the registered week of camp, the payment for that week will be automatically charged. The convenience fee will only be applied to the first week in the payment plan, not the recurring auto-payments.
A $25 fee will be assessed per camper, per week for all cancellations.
Camp discounts available for parents/guardians that are Active Military, UNF Students, UNF Staff and UNF Alumni. To set-up your discounted rate: 1. Create your online account, 2. Call the Recreation and Wellness Office to have your customer type changed in order to register at the discounted rate*.
Military and UNF discounts cannot be combined.
*To verify Military status, please plan to visit the office to show proof of Military status.
- Active Military Weekly Rate: $185
- UNF Faculty & Staff Weekly Rate: $185
- UNF Alumni Weekly Rate: $185
- UNF Student Weekly Rate: $185
If you do not see your discounted rate during checkout, stop immediately and call the office. Refunds will not be given to those who register at the wrong rate.
- Canoeing, kayaking and stand-up paddle boarding
- Hiking through the nature trails
- Arts and crafts using natural materials
- Education about local flora and fauna
- Team building games and activities
- Weekly field trips to natural areas
Typical daily schedule (excluding Thursday for field trip days):
- Morning hike and educational activity on trails or zip/challenge course
- Lunch at pavilion, sometimes in picnic area
- Afternoon activity such as shelter building, lake activities, natural crafts activity, or zip/challenge course
*Swimming takes place at a campus housing pool on Fridays, weather permitting. Certified lifeguards are on duty and US Coast Guard life jackets are provided to children who do not pass the swim test. Swim lessons are not available.
Field trips are held every Thursday, 9 AM - 4 PM. We will be unable to accept late drop-offs or early pick-ups on these days. These are examples of past field trips.
- Week 1 - Washington Oaks Gardens State Park
- Week 2 - Guana Tolomato Matanzas National Reserve
- Week 3 - Alligator Farm
- Week 4 - Diamond D Ranch
- Week 5 - Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens
- Week 6 - Celestial Farms
- Week 7 - St. Augustine Colonial Quarter and Pirate Museum
- Week 8 - Fort Clinch State Park
- Week 9 - Mosh
A few things to know before registering:
- Your child must have health insurance in order to register for camp. Policy name and number will be required at check-out.
- Make sure your email address is current as this is the main method of communication regarding field trips, camp payments, and general camp information.
- Internet Explorer is the required web browser for online registration.
- Verify customer type (after creating a profile and before registering) by calling us at (904) 620-2998.
Registration typically begins the first Monday in March, at 8 AM.
Camp Online Account
Families are encouraged to attend Camp Orientation. This orientation is great for new and returning families to get practical information from the Camp Director and meet our camp counselors. As a reference, orientation is typically held the Wednesday prior to the first week of camp at 6 pm and is hosted in the John Golden Pavilion at Eco Adventure.
Still have questions? Call The Recreation and Wellness Office at (904) 620-2998.