Social Media Request Guidelines
UNF's social media accounts are utilized as external marketing and communications tools as a way to share major University announcements, news and campus information for UNF's target audiences of students, faculty, staff, parents and the broader Jacksonville community. Want your post considered for sharing on the official social media pages for the University? Please read the sections below and complete the request form. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
The goal of the University's social media accounts are to increase engagement across all platforms and promote Osprey pride across campus and in the Jacksonville community and beyond. UNF has a presence on all major social media platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Content must be relevant to all UNF audiences such as but not limited to students, faculty, staff, parents, the Jacksonville community and more.
- Requests must be made at least a week before the requested postdate.
- Due to ADA compliance, we ask that graphics and flyers have minimal text. A high resolution, engaging photo is preferred and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also, all videos must include captioning.
- Content must be posted on the department's social media pages before being considered for posting on the University's account.
- Events being submitted must be on the Master Calendar before this request form is filled out. The link to the Master Calendar post must be included in the link section of the request form.
- Companies or organizations not affiliated with the University will not be accepted for post consideration.
- When submitting graphics and photos, be sure that submissions are specific to each platform image sizes.
The social media staff reserves the right to edit all information submitted for content, style, length and grammar to best fit each platform.
The social media staff reserves the right to assign post requests to platforms that best fit the requestor's target audience.
Events must include a date, time and location and must first be submitted to the Master Calendar. In the optional link section, a link to the event’s Master Calendar post or a website must be provided prior to posting.
Events submitted will be posted on Facebook stories and Instagram stories in the weekly “This Week at the Nest” feature.
Events must pertain to the larger campus audience. Small, targeted events should be advertised via departmental social media.
If your department would like to do a prerecorded takeover on the University's Instagram stories, please email us at email@example.com.