UNF Social Media Ambassadors are comprised of UNF students who volunteer to gain professional social media experience and become content creators for the University. Benefits will include many perks, such as invitations to high-level events and passes to sporting events that will encourage curation of content.
Student(s) seeking membership in the program must fulfill the following requirements:
- Be enrolled as a degree-seeking student at UNF in at least 6 credit hours.
- Be involved on campus in at least one extracurricular activity.
- Provide at least one professional University faculty or staff member as a reference.
- A commitment to serve at least one semester with the possibility of renewal.
- Have active personal social media accounts.
- Have completed at least one semester at UNF.
- Submit an application and be interviewed by the UNF social media team.
Student(s) in their role are expected to complete/perform the following tasks or exhibit the following traits during their time of service in the program:
- General knowledge of the University of North Florida.
- Understanding and appreciation for diversity on campus.
- Willingness to assist with projects outside of scheduled office hours as needed, including some weekends and evenings.
- Ability to effectively communicate your UNF/Osprey Pride
Roles and Responsibilities
Student(s) in the program will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Follow all UNF social media accounts.
- Attend monthly social media team meeting.
- Brainstorm and create social media content for Instagram.
- Implement student takeovers on the UNF Instagram account throughout the year.
- Implement created hashtags (ex: #UNFSocial #UniquelyUNF) in posts.
- Adherence to the UNF Social Media Guidelines and all University policies and procedures.
New members shall receive all rights, privileges and benefits entitled to the ambassadors and be expected to accept all membership responsibilities beginning with the next general meeting following their selection. Benefits include:
- Resume building experience that can be shared with potential employers.
- Opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the communications industry.
- Work with, and receive guidance from public relations, marketing and communications professionals.
- Gain extensive knowledge of UNF.
- Influence and enhance UNF social media channels.
- Exposure to social media brand strategy and new platforms through practice and training.
- Earn UNF swag including a t-shirts, merch, etc.
- Media pass to sporting events to go and take pictures in UNF gear and promote.
- Exclusive insight into upcoming social media campaigns.
- Opportunities to win prizes such as gift cards, UNF merch, etc.
- UNF Merchandise
- Letter of Recommendation
- Professional References
- Professional Headshots
- Ambassadors will also serve as models for UNF photo and video shoots and will be given access to galleries that include their photos to share on their personal accounts.
Applications for Spring 2021 Digital Ospreys is currently closed. For any questions about the program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.