UNF’s CEI hosts Pitch Competition for Swisher Startup for Underrepresented Entrepreneurs Cohort
April 1, 2021
The University of North Florida’s Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation (CEI), in partnership with Swisher International, is hosting a Pitch Competition for Swisher Startup for Underrepresented Entrepreneurs on Wednesday, April 7 at 6 p.m. via Zoom.
Swisher International joined forces with UNF’s CEI to bring the region's first-ever, no-cost start-up program for underrepresented entrepreneurs. Ten entrepreneurial startups will have the opportunity to compete for award funding to support the development of their business with eight-minute pitches from each company to a panel of judges. The top three winners will receive $2500, $1500 and $1000.
The Swisher cohort startups selected to present include:
- Purge Data: Adam Bolton’s company is a technology & web-based service whose mission is to help clients understand and manage their sales data.
- GaAIS LLC: Guinevere Perry’s biotech company has developed an eco-friendly, effective and economical bio-fungicide for small farmers and home gardeners in Florida.
- Adarah LLC: James Pierce has developed a real estate, rental services and leasing company that offers business coaching services catered to real estate brokerages and individual licensees.
- BioCloud VR: Jesse Lard has developed a technology & web-based service called BioCloud’s VRedemia, which is a molecular visualization software that allows users to see and interact with complex molecules via virtual reality (VR).
- P2P Consulting: Kiersten Snyder’s company is a consulting and business service with customer service training catered to small businesses, large corporations, and franchises with a focus on interpersonal communication, empathy and compassion.
- Kic Brush: Markin Barnes’ company is a healthcare service and his product is designed to help eliminate the spread of disease and viruses from person to person and allows proper sanitation of tools used by industry specialists.
- BudJet Vest: Monalisa McKinney-Young has created a travel vest that allows the user to wear their luggage while traveling by air.
- The Schoolhouse: Sammantha Boyle’s company is an educational service that provides an enriched experiential-based early education experience for preschool and elementary students with a focus on nurturing all areas of development, teaching twenty-first century skills and preparing students and staff.
- Training Block: Samuel Palmer’s personal and wellness service is a centralized platform that allows athletes to connect with local coaches, physical therapists, nutritionists, and other athletic providers to help them achieve their specific performance goals.
- Premiere Hospitality Group: Sarah DeBellis has developed a plan for a student operated luxury hotel, at an accessible price, that will enhance student knowledge and elevate the community.
The Swisher cohort program will help individuals learn the basics of creating a business through interactive virtual sessions with faculty from UNF’s Coggin College of Business, engagement with mentors, and introductions to community resources. More information on CEI and the Swisher Startup for Underrepresented Entrepreneurs pitch competition can be found at www.unf.edu/coggin/CEI/