• The Physical Therapy Graduate Program was ranked No. 1 by Graduateprograms.com, which surveyed students in 1,600 programs nationwide.
• UNF was named the third Best Online Nursing Schools in the nation in 2015 by Affordable Colleges Foundation. • The Florida Board of Governors approved a Doctorate in Clinical Nutrition in UNF’s Nutrition and Dietetics Flagship Program, making it the second comparable degree offered in the United States.
• The UNF Student Nurses Association chapter was recognized with the Diamond Chapter Circle Award by the Florida Nursing Students Association, which commends the chapter’s excellence in faculty support, community involvement, breakthroughs in nursing efforts, membership numbers and state and national organization involvement.
Aging Services (certificate)
Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Community Health/Health Promotion/
Family Nurse Practitioner (certificate)
Health Science (two programs)
Nursing (three programs)
Nursing Practice (doctorate)
Family Nurse Practitioner
Nutrition and Dietetics
Physical Therapy (doctorate)
Public Health (certificate)
• The Transportation and Logistics Flagship Program is the national leader in graduates that receive a Certification in Transportation and Logistics, an internationally recognized professional certification from the American Society of Transportation and Logistics.
• The Osprey Financial Group, a student-run investment team that manages more than $1 million of the UNF endowment, successfully completed its 13th year and now boasts 15 alumni working on Wall Street.
• The Coggin Mentor Program partners business professionals with high-potential business students and grooms them into confident graduates through coaching and feedback. Mentors and their proteges meet regularly throughout the academic year to engage in activities that foster personal and professional development. The program eclipsed 200 program alumni in 2015 and has featured mentors from more than 60 different companies.
• The Coggin College of Business International Business Flagship Program sends more than 200 business students abroad each year to participate in eight-day, four-week and semester-long exchange programs.
Transportation and Logistics
Accounting (two programs)
• The Physics Department acquired a new helium liquefier, making it one of just a few institutions with such advanced research technology. The liquefier allows UNF faculty and students to complete materials research at about 460 degrees below zero. • Graduates from UNF’s distinguished Music Flagship Program have found great success acquiring jobs or landing graduate placement at prestigious music schools and conservatories. UNF has a 100 percent job placement record for music education and piano pedagogy graduates through the fall 2014 semester. Graduates frequently receive scholarship offers to premiere graduate programs, such as the Manhattan School of Music, New York University, the University of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music and the University of Illinois.• ESPN, the worldwide leader in sports, is now broadcasting live from the UNF campus, airing Osprey men’s and women’s basketball home games from a new state-of-the-art broadcast studio in the Arena — and Department of Communication students are handling the majority of the production responsibilities.• The Biology Department at UNF offers BIO-FLITE, an intensive five-day orientation and transitional learning experience for first-time-in-college students, as a prelude to Fall classes. The program, offered to students enrolled in General Biology I, provides participants with important study skills and strategies for success, as well as an opportunity to meet and interact with the faculty and staff who will be teaching their biology courses.
Biology (six programs)
Chemistry (four programs)
Communication (three programs)
English (two programs)
Fine Arts (five programs)
Medical Lab Science
Music Jazz Studies
Physics (eight programs)
Psychology (four programs)
Sociology (two programs)
Applied Ethics (certificate)
Biology (two programs)
History (four programs)
Nonprofit Management (certificate)
Practical Philosophy and Applied Ethics
Public Administration (six programs)
Public Management (cognate)
• Graduates from the School of Engineering have an almost 100 percent employment rate within six months of receiving a UNF degree. Engineering students are given opportunities for real-world, hands-on experience with clients through industry- and community-sponsored senior design projects. • The building construction program in the Department of Construction Management is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology and the American Council for Construction Education. It is the only such program in Florida holding both accreditations. • UNF, through the School of Computing, is one of 116 stakeholders selected to participate in strategic planning for the South Big Data Regional Innovation Hub, a public-private partnership that address regional challenges through big data analysis. The Hub will bring economic development opportunities to the Northeast Florida region and accelerate the development of advanced interdisciplinary degrees in data analytics at UNF.
• There are more than 20 active student clubs in the College of Computing, Engineering and Construction that offer students opportunities to get involved in competitions, leadership training and outreach. In 2015, UNF’s telerobotics club placed sixth in the nation in the NASA Mining Robot Competition.
Coastal Port Engineering
Computer and Information Sciences
Coastal and Port Engineering (certificate)
Computer and Information
Sciences (three programs)
• The College was awarded an International Initiatives grant, allowing for the establishment of a Professional Development School (PDS) in Belize. This is the first International Professional Development School in the country, and it will be modeled after the partnership UNF has with Duval County Public Schools. UNF students will have the opportunity to do field and internship work in Belize.
• The master’s degree in ASL/English Interpreting is one of only four similar master's degrees in the country and was the first to be delivered online. Additionally, our bachelor’s degree program is the only one in the country that is delivered via hybrid technologies so students may attend from all across Florida.
• The College partnered last year with Duval County Public Schools for the inaugural Jacksonville Teacher Residency Program. This innovative, 20-month master’s degree program admits STEM-related majors/minors who have the opportunity for a one-year apprenticeship with a mentor teacher in high-need public, middle and high schools. Financial support is provided during the residency year, along with a tuition reimbursement plan.
• The Sport Management Program is accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). Sport management majors at UNF have the opportunity to intern with all Jacksonville sports teams, as well as other professional teams across the nation, such as the Orlando Magic and the New York Knicks.
International Education (certificate)
Middle School Education (math/science)
Science Education (three programs)
Social Studies Education
Sport Management (two programs)
Counselor Education in
Early Childhood (certificate)
Educational Leadership (five programs and doctorate)
Educational Leadership (certificate)
Elementary Education (three programs)
Special Education (four programs)
Sport Management (certificate)
Transformation of Conflict (certificate)
Copyright © 2016 University of North Florida1 UNF Drive | Jacksonville, FL 32224 | Phone: (904) 620-1000
RegulationsConsumer Information | Disability Accommodations