Office of the General Counsel
The mission of the Office of the General Counsel is to provide comprehensive, high quality and professional legal services in a timely manner that enables the University to achieve its mission in an ethical and lawful manner.
- Serve as a resource for informed decision-making and creative problem-solving
- Identify and reduce risk to the University
- Support the University's ongoing commercial and business needs
- Advise and counsel the University on substantive issues of the law, including regulatory and compliance maters
- Defend the University when its conduct is challenged