Office of the General Counsel
Beginning Wednesday, March 18, 2020, the Office of the General Counsel has temporarily
transitioned to working remotely. Service of process intended for the
Office of the General Counsel should be directed to the University Police
Department, Martin P. Garris Police Building #41.
The mission of the Office of the General Counsel is to provide comprehensive, high quality and professional legal services in a timely manner that enables the University to achieve its mission in an ethical and lawful manner.
- Serve as a resource for informed decision-making and creative problem-solving
- Identify and reduce risk to the University
- Support the University's ongoing commercial and business needs
- Advise and counsel the University on substantive issues of the law, including regulatory and compliance maters
- Defend the University when its conduct is challenged