Parking Appeals Process
UNF Parking and Transportation Services strictly enforces parking regulations, primarily to assure safety, but also to protect the rights of those who have purchased permits and adhere to the regulations.
Faculty, staff, students, visitors and guests who wish to appeal a parking ticket must complete and submit an online appeal. Appeal requests must be submitted online within 14 calendar days from the date of the issued ticket. Appeals not filed within 14 calendar days are untimely, will not be reviewed and the ticket will stand as issued.
How do you appeal a ticket?
First Level Appeal
Appeal requests must be submitted online within 14 calendar days from the date of the ticket issued. Online appeals are reviewed and decisions are rendered by the Appeals Clerk of Parking Services. Appeals should only be submitted for legitimate reasons.
Appeals for the following reasons will NOT be considered legitimate and will be denied:
- Unaware of "Nose-in" parking policy.
- Continuously inputting incorrect plate number.
- Adding a vehicle to your permit AFTER a ticket has been issued.
- Assuming non-enforced permit hours.
- Not having the time or money to update or purchase a permit.
- Was late for an appointment or class.
- Parking with an expired parking permit.
- Disagreement with the rules and regulations governing parking at UNF.
- Unaware of the parking rules and regulations governing parking at UNF.
- Someone else used your vehicle.
- Observed others parked illegally and assumed it was allowed.
- Previously parked in a similar fashion without being cited.
- Could not find a parking space.
- Inability to pay the fine.
- Received incorrect guidance from anyone not employed by Parking Services.
- Perception that the parking area is not safe.
- Parked on the grass.
Prior to appealing online, feel free to view the 'how to appeal' video.
Faculty, staff, and students may complete the online appeal by going to their "myWings" account and then to the "Parking Account" tab located under "My Applications" or click on the below link.
Guest Users may appeal their ticket, by clicking on the below designated link.
||Student/Faculty & Staff
Appeal Ticket Here
Appeal Ticket Here
What if your appeal is denied?
Second Level Appeal
If your appeal is denied by Parking Services, a second appeal may be submitted. The second appeal must be submitted online within 14 calendar days from the date listed on the email regarding first level appeal decision.
The request must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the ticket number. Failure to submit a second level appeal will result in late fees and other penalties.
A hearing will be scheduled with the appropriate Parking Appeals Hearing Board. The hearing will be placed on the docket for the next available hearing date and time. If you are a student, faculty, or staff member, an e-mail will be sent to your UNF address with the date and time of the schedule hearing. If you are a guest at UNF, an e-mail will be sent to the e-mail address reflected on your original appeal with the date and time of the scheduled hearing. It is the appellant's responsibility to attend the scheduled hearing. Hearings will NOT be rescheduled. If you fail to appear at the scheduled hearing, your appeal will be automatically denied.
If you are a student, your case will be heard by the Student Appeals Board. If you are a visitor, faculty member or staff member, your case will be heard by the Non-Student Appeals Board. The second level appeal is the final decision.
The appeals board may:
- approve your appeal
- deny your appeal
- deny your appeal and reduce the fine, or
- deny your appeal for failure to appear
All decisions from the appeals board are final.
If your appeal is denied, payment must be made within 14 calendar days or late fees and other penalties, including administrative action and vehicle immobilization may be assessed.
The Parking Violations Appeals Board operates under the governance of their respective bylaws and regulations.
For additional questions, concerns or suggestions, please e-mail email@example.com