The Office of Undergraduate Research is not accepting applications for Travel Grants in Spring 2018.
The Office of Undergraduate Research provides grants to assist both students and faculty with research conducted at UNF. Travel Grants are based on financial need and can provide up to $750 of support. Travel grants should be used for students wanting to travel to collect data, interview participants, etc. Funds from Travel Grants should not be used for conferences. Students wishing to apply for funding for conference travel should apply for a Conference Grant. Funds from an OUR travel grant must be used during a student's undergraduate career. Students can receive one Conference or Travel Grant per academic year and faculty can be associated with two Conference and/or Travel Grants per academic year. To help us meet the needs of as many undergraduates as possible, please make every attempt to be cost effective when making travel arrangements.
Travel funding for individual students are as follows:
- Regional - up to $250
- National - up to $500
- International - up to $750
Travel funding for groups of students (2 or more students) are as follows:
- Up to $1,000 for regional, national, and international
Click here to apply for an individual Travel Grant.
Click here to apply for a group Travel Grant.
For students to be eligible to receive a Conference Grant from the Office of Undergraduate Research, they must meet all of the following requirements:
- Student must be full time and degree seeking
- Student must have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Grant applications must be received at least four (4) weeks prior to the travel
- Student must be working with a committed faculty member
- Student must present at Showcase of Osprey Advancements in Research and Scholarship (SOARS)
- Students must agree to submit a record of spending no later than 2 weeks after the trip
- Students must agree to complete a post award survey no later than 2 weeks after the trip
- Students must provide at least 2 high quality photos of the trip
- Preference will be given to students not currently receiving funding from other sources (e.g., previous OUR grants, faculty mentor funding)
Students who fail to meet one or more of these requirements will be ineligible to receive the grant. Students who do not present at SOARS or submit record of spending and/or post award surveys will be ineligible to receive funding from OUR for the remainder of their time at UNF.