Conference and Travel Grants for the 2020-2021 Academic Year
Conference and travel grants are intended to provide funding for faculty-mentored students who must travel in order to present research at a conference, or who need to go beyond the local Jacksonville area to collect material, data, or other necessary research information. Faculty-mentored undergraduate researchers may also submit a conference grant application for expenses which will be incurred in presenting at a virtual conference.
When university-related travel restrictions are lifted, eligible students presenting at an in-person academic conference or who need to collect research data outside the local Jacksonville area may be awarded an OUR conference or travel grant as follows:
- Regional travel: up to $250
- National travel: up to $500
- International travel: up to $1,000
Conference and Travel Grant eligibility
Student eligibility and requirements
- You must be a degree-seeking undergraduate who is enrolled in at least six credit hours at UNF during the semester in which you make application for the conference or travel grant
- Typically, you may only receive one conference or travel grant per academic year
- You must have a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher
- You must be working with committed faculty mentor
- You must submit all required components of the conference or travel grant application packet
- Student grant recipients must sign a scholarship acceptance letter provided by the Office of Undergraduate Research (OUR)
- Student grant recipients must present at the Showcase of Osprey Advancements in Research and Scholarship (SOARS) in April
Student applicants who do not meet eligibility requirements cannot receive a conference or travel grant. Students who receive a grant but subsequently fail to present at SOARS are ineligible for any future funding from the Office of Undergraduate Research. This restriction includes but is not limited to research grants, creative and special project grants, conference and travel grants, and participation in other funded activities.
Faculty eligibility and requirements
- Faculty mentors must ensure that the mentored student complies with the requirements above
- If a conference or travel grant is awarded and the mentored student fails to comply with the subsequent requirements, other students supervised by the faculty mentor also may be ineligible to receive funding from the Office of Undergraduate Research
Conference and Travel Grant Deadlines
Office of Undergraduate Research conference and travel grants have rolling deadlines. We accept applications for these grants beginning July 1, and will accept grant applications throughout the academic year unless funding is exhausted.
The OUR must receive your application no less than 4 weeks prior to your first day of travel.
Conference and Travel Grant applications
To apply for a conference or travel grant through the Office of Undergraduate Research, faculty-mentored students should submit:
All documents should be emailed to OUR@unf.edu by 5 p.m. EST no less than four (4) weeks prior to the required day of travel.