The demolition of the Arena bridge, connecting the Arena, Building 34, and the Arena Parking Garage, Building 38, will take place in three phases:
- Phase 1: Will begin Monday, June 13, and will conclude Friday, June 17. UNF Drive will be closed between the Student Union, Building 58, service drive and the Arena Parking Garage entrance. Both the Student Union service drive and Arena Parking Garage will remain open. Lot 4, adjacent to the Student Union, will be closed. The pedestrian crosswalk located between Lot 4 and the Student Wellness Complex, Building 61, will remain open for the duration of the project.
- Due to the temporary road closure, the JTA bus pick-up and drop-off station in front of Lot 4 and across from the Student Wellness Complex will be restricted. The other two accessible stations are located in front of the Carpenter Library, Building 12, and the east end of Lot 11, adjacent to Osprey Clubhouse, Building 17.
- Due to the Lot 4 closure, the vendor, 20-minute and disability spaces will be inaccessible. Other available disability spaces are located on the first and second floors of the Arena Parking Garage. None of the vendor or 20-minute spaces will be temporarily relocated.
- Phase 2: Will begin Monday, June 20, and will conclude Friday, July 1. UNF Drive will re-open for through traffic. Lot 4 will remain closed. The JTA bus station in front of Lot 4 and across from the Student Wellness Complex will re-open. All parking spaces in Lot 4 will remain inaccessible.
- Phase 3: Will begin Tuesday, July 5, and will conclude Monday, July 18. Lot 4 will re-open and UNF Drive will be reduced to two lanes between the Lot 4 exit and the Arena Parking Garage.
This project won’t affect the Osprey Connector Shuttle route, but may slightly delay the drop-off and pick-up times due to anticipated increase in volume traffic on Varsity Lane for the duration of the project. The bridge demo phasing plans are available here.