Transfer Orientation FAQs
Transfer Orientation Travel Information
What to Expect
- Find Your Flock - We start the morning off with a Resource and Engagement Fair designed to connect you with UNF student services, clubs, and organizations. You also meet First-Year Experience Mentors who will guide you through orientation. FYE Mentors are UNF's best, and as a current students, they are prepared to answer your questions.
- College Career Sessions - Meet faculty and staff from your college's specialized Careers Services office and learn about the services you can take advantage of to get ahead on your resume building, internships, and more!
- Academic Support - Hear from the Student Academic Support Services office about tutoring, peer guided study groups, and other services you can take advantage of to help you thrive in your coursework.
- Life as a UNF Osprey - Learn all about what makes UNF unique. We'll teach you our traditions and technology, introduce you to organizations and clubs, and talk about the recreational perks of being a UNF Osprey.
- Optional Tour - Get a birds eye view of campus. Tour the main campus with one of our Welcome Center Swoopers, and find out why Ospreys call UNF "home."
We understand that our transfer students have a more hectic schedule due to work or current coursework. That being said, we have virtual options for those unable to attend in-person. Whether you choose to come in-person or virtually, you will absolutely be prepared for your transition to UNF.
We offer an additional Online Orientation to help acclimate you to UNF. This is a supplement orientation viewable in myWings that highlights campus resources. This does not satisfy the orientation requirement set by the university, it is a recommended and viewable at any time.
STEPS: Login to myWings, click the "What's Next" tile > select "View Online Orientation".
Next Steps Guide for Transfer Students
To assist you in your transition to UNF and to help you with completing your Transfer New Student Checklist, you will be given access to self-enroll in the "Next Steps Guide For Transfer Students" course in Canvas, located under the Canvas tile in myWings. To self-enroll click here: Self-Enroll.