Transfer Orientation FAQs
Transfer Orientation Travel Information
What to Expect
- Find Your Flock - We start the morning off with a Resource Engagement Fair designed to connect you with UNF student services, clubs, and organizations. You also meet First-Year Experience Mentors who will guide you through orientation. FYE Mentors are UNF's best, and as a current students, they are prepared to answer your questions.
- College Career Sessions - Meet faculty and staff from your college's specialized Careers Services office and learn about the services you can take advantage of to get ahead on your resume building, internships, and more!
- Academic Support - Hear from the Student Academic Support Services office about tutoring, peer guided study groups, and other services you can take advantage of to help you thrive in your coursework.
- Life as a UNF Osprey - Learn all about what makes UNF unique. We'll teach you our traditions, introduce you to organizations and clubs, and talk about the recreational perks of being a UNF Osprey.
- Optional Tour - Get a birds eye view of campus. Tour the main campus with one of our Welcome Center Swoopers, and find out why Ospreys call UNF "home."
We understand that our transfer students are often unable to attend on-campus Transfer Student Orientation due to work or current coursework. That being said, we have created Online Orientation for those unable to attend in person. Whether you choose to come in person, go through Online Orientation or do both - which is our recommendation - you will absolutely be prepared for your transition to UNF.
STEPS: Login to myWings, click the What's Next tile > select View Online Orientation.
Next Steps Guide for Transfer Students
To assist you in your transition to UNF and to help you with completing your Transfer New Student Checklist, you will be given access to self-enroll in the Next Steps Guide For Transfer Students course in Canvas, located under the Canvas tile in myWings. To self-enroll click this here: Self Enroll.