Due to COVID-19 there have been major changes to 2020 New Student Orientation programming. All updates can be found on the COVID-19 Updates - New Student Orientation website. If you have questions or concerns please contact the Office of New Student Orientation at newtoUNF@unf.edu . Our staff has transitioned to work remotely in response to COVID-19, but we are actively responding to emails.
First Year Ospreys
We are so excited you have made UNF your choice for college! The next step is to sign up for Orientation. Orientation registration for summer and fall students starting in 2020 will be open at the end of October 2019. We will send you an email and a postcard when reservations open! You will log in to your myWings account to sign up.
We want you to have a strong start as you begin your college life at UNF. We anticipate that you will greet the upcoming years with enthusiasm and confidence and that you will always be proud to be an Osprey! #SWOOP
About New Student Orientation
UNF's Freshmen Orientation is designed to provide you with key tools and resources necessary to have a successful academic career at UNF. Registering for and attending first year orientation programming is a university requirement for all incoming first year students.
Here's what to expect to at New Student Orientation
- Find Your Flock – Connect with your First-Year Experience Mentor who will guide you through orientation. Your Mentor is one of UNF’s best, and as a current student, they are prepared to answer your questions. You’ll also meet other new Ospreys who will be in your group.
- College Sessions – Meet faculty and staff from your college and learn about the Transformational Learning Opportunities available to you. It's a great way to get involved outside the classroom.
- Academic Advising – Meet your academic advisor and discuss your degree goals, course selection, and plan for your first year at UNF.
- Academic Support – Hear from the Student Academic Support Services office about tutoring, peer guided study groups, and other services you can take advantage of to help you thrive in your coursework.
- Course Registration – After visiting your academic advisor we’ll teach your how to enroll in classes and help you register for your first term at UNF.
- Life as a UNF Osprey – Learn all about what makes UNF unique. We’ll teach you our traditions, introduce you to organizations and clubs, and talk about the recreational perks of being a UNF Osprey.
Planning to bring a Parent or Family member? See the Parent
and Family Orientation website for further details and to register your guests
for Parent and Family Orientation.
If attending an overnight orientation program and you require accessible housing, please contact us at (904)620-1722 as soon as possible so that necessary arrangements can be made.
Know Before You Go
Your transition to the University of North Florida is our absolute highest priority! We have created an introductory Online Orientation to help you learn about UNF before you arrive for your on-campus First Year New Student Orientation. Online Orientation is designed specifically to be a supplement that goes along with our in-person program. To view Online Orientation, simply log into your myWings account, click the What's Next tile and select the View Online Orientation link.
Next Steps Guide for New Students Canvas Course
To assist you in your transition to UNF and to help you with completing your First Year New Student Checklist, you will be given access to the Next Steps Guide For New Students course in Canvas, located under the Canvas tile in myWings. You will be given access to the course within 24 hours of completing your New Student Orientation registration.
Summer & Fall 2020 Orientation Dates
Note: All sessions in May and June have been canceled in response to COVID-19. If you were previously registered for another date, we will update your reservation online for you. This will be the weekend between move-in (for those of you living on campus) and the first day of classes. We will not be hosting any Orientation programs in May or June. Please visit the COVID-19 Updates - New Student Orientation website for all coronavirus related updates to orientation programming.
Is your family registered for Parent and Family Orientation? If so, please have them check their email for program updates.