Student Petition of Academic Policy
The University of North Florida recognizes that life events beyond your control may impact your academic success. If you feel that there are extenuating circumstances that contributed to poor academic performance or prevented you from meeting an academic requirement, you may submit a Student Petition of Academic Policy.
A student's circumstances must be extenuating to be considered by the Student Petition of Academic Policy Committee. Academic Policies are considered variances from University academic policies, which may not be petitioned under any circumstances.
Students may submit a Student Petition of Academic Policy for review of the following:
- Extend the Late Registration Deadline
- Extend the Course Transfer Deadline
- Withdrawal After the Deadline
- Exceed the Undergraduate Course Withdrawal Limitation Policy
- Graduate with Fewer than 120 Credit Hours
- Graduate with Fewer than 48 Upper Level Credit Hours
- Waive the Board of Governors Summer Session Enrollment Requirement
Students wishing to petition an academic policy must submit the following:
- Statement explaining extenuating circumstances (uploaded with petition)
- Supporting documentation which corroborates your extenuating circumstances
The Student Petition of Academic Policy is completed online in myWings:
- Log in to myWings
- Choose Student Records box
- Choose Student Self-Service
- Select Online Forms
- Select Student Petition of Academic Policy from the list of Appeals and Petitions
A statement of extenuating circumstances and supporting documentation should be uploaded prior to submitting your petition. A Student Petition of Academic Policy submitted without both a statement of extenuating circumstances and supporting documentation will not be considered. Letters of support from your academic advisor, faculty member or other University staff are not required, but may be submitted in addition to the required documents.
Submission of a Student Petition of Academic Policy does not guarantee approval. The Student Petition of Academic Policy Committee meets weekly to review petitions. You will be notified via email to your UNF email account once a decision is made.
The answers to the most commonly asked questions regarding the Student Petition of Academic Policy are posted below.
For additional questions, please contact One-Stop Student Services:
Phone: (904) 620-5555
Online Contact Form