Petitioning to Withdraw After the Deadline
You may submit a Student Petition of Academic Policy to petition for late withdrawal if there are unusual circumstances clearly beyond your control. Documentation of the circumstances must be attached to all petitions.
- Complete the online form via myWings using Petition Type: Withdrawal After Deadline
- Enter comments summarizing your request and specifying the course from which you are requesting a late withdrawal
- Attach a signed statement explaining the extenuating circumstances which prevented you from withdrawing by the deadline
- Attach documentation that supports the statement of extenuating circumstances
- If you currently receive financial aid, contact One-Stop Student Services at (904) 620-5555.
- The Student Petition of Academic Policy will be electronically routed to your academic advisor, instructor and the chairperson of the department offering the course for review and recommended decision.
- Once all recommended decisions are made, the request will be reviewed by the Student Petition of Academic Policy Committee
- You will receive notification of the outcome via email.
- Academic Advisor
- Instructor of the course
- Chairperson of the department offering the course
- Having a passing grade in a class at the time of petition DOES NOT guarantee the right to withdraw after the deadline.
- The University Registrar, via the Student Petition of Academic Policy Committee, or Graduate Dean has final approval/disapproval authority.
- The instructor may recommend an action or write an explanation of the applicable circumstances but does not have final approval/disapproval authority.