Skip to Main Content

Term Forgiveness

Undergraduate, degree-seeking students attempting their first baccalaureate degree may request term forgiveness for exactly one term at UNF.

  • A student granted term forgiveness may not exercise grade forgiveness. Term forgiveness may not be used if grade forgiveness has been implemented.
  • Requests will never be approved for the present term or for the immediately preceding term in which the student was enrolled.
  • Students must complete at least one term at UNF after the term for which they are requesting forgiveness.
  • This policy does not alter the permanent academic record; all courses attempted in the forgiven semester and related grades remain on the student's record. The earned hours associated with a forgiven term, however, are removed.
  • Although courses and grades in the forgiven term appear on the student's permanent academic record, the grade for the courses in the forgiven term will not be calculated in any of the student's Grade Point Averages (See the Academic Average (Grade Point Average) Policy). The original grades will be calculated for the Latin Honors GPA. Using grade or term forgiveness will NOT improve your Latin Honors GPA.
  • This policy reflects UNF grade point calculations only and does not affect the grade point calculation of outside agencies or other institutions who may use all grades, including repeated and forgiven grades, in their calculations of grade point averages.
  • Graduating students who wish to utilize term forgiveness should contact the University Registrar via One-Stop Student Services to request special consideration. Term forgiveness must be requested prior to the date posted on the Academic Calendar for commencement.

Instructions for Completing a Term Forgiveness

Students must begin the term forgiveness process by consulting with their academic advisor to ensure that this is the best course of action.


After your academic advisor has initiated the process, follow the steps below.

  • Log in to myWings
  • Click on the Student Records box
  • Select Student Self-Service
  • Click on Online Forms
  • Click on Requests that Need Action
  • On the Term Forgiveness Request line, click on Approve and Submit listed under the Request Form column

Please read through the guidelines at the top of the form and verify the courses listed that will be affected. When you are ready to complete your request, select an action in the drop-down "Action" menu. Click Submit.


Once the process is complete, you will see a link to review your new GPA.


Once you have used term forgiveness or two grade forgiveness requests, you will no longer be able to access the form. Once a forgiveness has been processed, it cannot be reversed. You will not be able to access the form once you have graduated or once you have applied to graduate and also if a term after the requested term has not been completed.