State Employee Tuition Waiver
IMPORTANT: It is very important to confirm the date you are allowed to register. You will be responsible for all course tuition and fees if you register prior to the State Employee registration day. Please read all information below regarding State Employee Tuition Waiver policies and procedures.
Registration Dates for State Employee Tuition Waivers
Friday, August 14, 2020
Tuesday, January 5, 2021
Friday, May 7, 2021
|*Form Submission Deadline
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
Friday, January 8, 2021
|Wednesday, May 12, 2021
*Forms must be completed no later than the deadline date listed above. Once this deadline passes, you will not be able to access the online form or receive a State Employee Tuition Waiver for the term. Please submit your online form as soon as possible after registering for classes.
Dates for other terms can be found on the Academic Calendar.
Employees of the state include employees of the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of state government. Persons employed by a state university are not eligible for a State Employee Tuition Waiver. A review of your employment eligibility will be conducted by the Controller's Office at the time you submit your online State Employee Tuition Waiver form.
To participate, state employees must be admitted to the University. State employees must meet current admissions criteria and application deadlines. For application information contact One-Stop Student Services at (904) 620-5555 or visit the Admissions Web site.
- Students may register for up to six hours of tuition-free courses.
- State Employee Tuition Waiver students may not register prior to the designated State Employee Tuition Waiver registration date. Please disregard the time ticket assigned to you; this is based on UNF hours earned and is not reflective of your status as a state waiver student.
- You will be responsible for all fees for courses you register for prior to State Employee Tuition Waiver registration day. If you register before the State Employee Tuition Waiver registration date and later drop the course and re-register on or after the State Employee Tuition Waiver registration date, this course will not be eligible for a waiver and you will be responsible for all associated fees.
- Courses eligible for State Employee Tuition Waiver are only available if space permits. Only after non-waiver students have registered will you be able to register. Please be prepared for the possibility that your first choice of courses may be unavailable.
- Registration changes made after the State Employee Tuition Waiver form is submitted online via myWings will be captured overnight.
- If you register before the State Employee Tuition Waiver registration date and are put on a waitlist, this course will not be eligible for State Employee Tuition Waiver.
- Tuition will not be waived for the following types of courses: thesis, dissertation, internship, practicum, directed independent study, non-credit, sponsored credit, and Continuing Education.
- The State Employee Tuition Waiver will not cover additional fees including, but not limited to, lab fees, the Wall Street Journal Fee, Week of Welcome Fee, Osprey ID Card Fee, Orientation Fee, Distance Learning Fee, or the state-mandated Repeat Surcharge and Excess Hours fees.
- Students not classified as Florida residents for tuition purposes are responsible for the difference between in-state and out-of-state tuition.
- Failure to submit your form by the deadline will result in you being fee liable for all courses for which you have registered.
- Courses with market rate or cost recovery tuition are not eligible for the State Employee Tuition Waiver.
- IMPORTANT: If you do not successfully complete coursework for which you have received this benefit, you will not be eligible for the benefit in your next term of enrollment. Unsuccessful completion includes receiving an Incomplete or Failure (I or F) grade as well as Withdrawing (W).
Make sure you have been admitted to the University by contacting One-Stop Student Services at (904) 620-5555 or logging in to myWings, the student web portal.
- Complete State Employee Tuition Waiver form online through your myWings portal.
- The online form must be completed no later than the date listed in the above table. Once this deadline passes, you will not be able to access the online form or receive a State Employee Tuition Waiver for the term.
- Once submitted, your form will be checked by the Controller's Office for compliance with eligibility requirements.
- Your fee assessment will show a balance for the approved classes until the fee waiver has been applied. The fee system generally updates during the week following Add/Drop.
- Register ONLY on the State Employee Tuition Waiver registration date listed above. You may register online by accessing Student Self Service located on the Student tab (or Student Resources box, see below) within the myWings portal or register in person at One-Stop Student Services.
State Employee Waiver Form
- Log in to your myWings portal
- Select the Student Records box
- Select Student Self-Service
- Select Online Forms
- Select State Employee Tuition Waiver Form from the Cashiers/Controllers list of forms