Approved March 1, 2007 by the Faculty Association
Students seeking variances from University academic policies and regulations may petition select policies. Completing a petition does not guarantee that a particular policy will be waived, as petitions are considered exceptions and are evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
The following items are considered variances from University academic policies, which may not be petitioned under any circumstances:
(1) A student may not drop a course(s) after the add/drop deadline date. The student is fee liable and must withdraw.
(2) A student may not request to withdraw from a course after grades are posted.
(3) A student may not add a course(s) beyond the add/drop deadline as posted on the Academic Calendar.
(4) A student may not receive a W after the withdrawal deadline. After the withdrawal deadline, a WP or WF will be assigned.
(5) A student may not request to extend the deadline to reinstate into classes from which the student has been removed due to non-payment of fees. The deadline is posted on the Academic Calendar.
(6) A student may not request to change from audit to credit or credit to audit after the add/drop deadline.
(7) A student may not request to extend a grade change deadline beyond 90 days from the end of the term the grade was assigned.
(8) A student may not request grade forgiveness or term forgiveness be removed or exchanged once applied.
(9) A student may not request to apply a previous attempt of a repeated course toward graduation requirements. The student's last attempt of a course will be the one used to determine degree completion.
(10) A student may not request that original and/or repeated grades be excluded from GPA calculations without using grade forgiveness.
(11) A student may not request calculations for Latin Honors Distinction exclude forgiven attempts at courses. GPA calculations for Latin Honors are based on all credits earned at UNF.
(12) A student may not request to receive a designation of Latin Honors for which the student does not meet the qualifications.
(13) A student may not request release from suspension without approval from the appropriate academic officers. Reinstatement procedures vary by college.
(14) A student may not request that academic probationary status be removed from an academic record for any given term in which the student was placed in that status.
(15) A student may not petition grades and/or grade-related penalties. These are to be appealed under either the University's policy for Appealing Academic Misconduct Decisions or for Appealing Academic Grades Unrelated to Academic Misconduct.
"Request for Waiver of University Policy" forms are available for download.
Copyright © 2015 University of North Florida1 UNF Drive | Jacksonville, FL 32224 | Phone: (904) 620-1000