Summer Term Financial Aid
Whether you are beginning UNF in the summer or simply have questions regarding financial aid for the summer term, we hope the information below will help you get started.
If you have been admitted to UNF for the summer term and you are a First Time in College Freshman (FTIC) who needs financial aid to assist with tuition and fees for the summer term, you must complete a current academic year FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). See the chart below for guidance on which FAFSA to complete.
If you are a transfer student admitted to summer, or a continuing UNF student taking classes in the summer, and you wish to be evaluated for summer financial aid eligibility, you must have a valid current year FAFSA on file at UNF.
REMEMBER: All students who wish to be evaluated for financial aid for the fall term and spring term must complete the next year's FAFSA. The chart below will help you:
Which FAFSA do I need to complete?
||Visit the Federal Student Aid website to learn the A-B-C's of the Federal financial aid process.
||Read the UNF Financial Aid Guide (pdf) for important information on all financial aid programs and awarding criteria.
||Log in to your myWings to review and accept your award(s), a few weeks after you file your FAFSA.
||Complete any Financial Aid Requirements listed in myWings, by March 15 for timely summer grant awarding and disbursement.
||Pay or pend your tuition and fees by the payment deadline.
What else do I need to know?
- Summer term financial aid is awarded on a funds available basis. Don't delay in submitting your FAFSA! Current students will be reviewed for financial aid eligibility upon enrollment in summer coursework. Familiarize yourself with these Important Financial Aid Dates.
- Eligibility: Your financial aid eligibility is based on your FAFSA results and the number of credit hours in which you enroll each term.
- Loans: You must be enrolled in a minimum of six degree-applicable credit hours at one institution to receive student loans. View loan limits. If you do not see your student loan in the Financial Aid Tile, financial aid awards, you may access this funding by submitting a Loan Action Request Form to One-Stop Student Services.
- Grants: The UNF Summer Institutional Grant is based on financial need and does not need to be repaid. This grant is available on a first-come, first-served basis and is contingent upon available funding. To be eligible for this grant, students must enroll in a minimum of six credit hours of summer coursework at UNF in Summer A, C, 8 or 10 week; credit hours taken during Summer B cannot be considered for institutional grant funds.
- Concurrent enrollment: Students must take a minimum of 6 degree-applicable credit hours at one institution to be eligible for student loans. Students attending in-state public institutions should complete the online Transient Student Admissions Application available on the Florida Shines website. Students attending an out-of-state or Florida private institution must submit a paper UNF Concurrent Enrollment form, Consortium Agreement, and a detailed fee slip from the host institution which shows in full your name, course(s) enrolled for the term and balance paid to receive aid at UNF. The Consortium Agreement does not guarantee straight reimbursement, but will ensure that you receive aid for which you are eligible based on total enrollment.
Other useful financial aid resources: