Summer Term Financial Aid
Whether you are beginning UNF in the summer or simply have questions regarding financial aid for the summer term, we hope the information below will help you get started.
If you have been admitted to UNF for the summer semester and you are a First Time in College Freshman (FTIC) who needs financial aid to assist with tuition and fees for the summer term, you must complete a current academic year FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). See the chart below for guidance on which FAFSA to complete. FTICs are NOT required to complete a Summer Financial Aid Request Form.
If you are a transfer student admitted to summer, or a continuing UNF student taking classes in the summer, and you wish to be evaluated for summer financial aid eligibility, you must have a valid current year FAFSA on file at UNF and complete a Summer Financial Aid Request Form via your myWings account.
REMEMBER: All students who wish to be evaluated for financial aid for the fall term and spring term, you must complete the next year's FAFSA. The chart below will help you:
What do I need to fill out?
||Visit the Federal Student Aid website to learn the A-B-C's of the Federal financial aid process.
||Read the UNF Financial Aid Guide (pdf) for important information on all financial aid programs and awarding criteria.
||Log in to your myWings account to review and accept your award, a few weeks after you file your FAFSA.
||Complete any Financial Aid Requirements listed in myWings, by March 15 for timely summer disbursement.
||Pay or pend your tuition and fees by the payment deadline.
What else do I need to know?
- Summer term aid is awarded on a funds available basis. Don't delay in submitting your FAFSA and Summer Request Form!
- If you have any outstanding financial aid requirements, you will not receive a summer financial aid award. View your financial aid requirements on the "Students" tab of myWings. If you are using the new myWings portal, you will click on the Student Resources box, then Financial Aid and Financial Aid Awards.
- Eligibility: Your financial aid eligibility is based on your FAFSA results and the number of hours you take during the term. Your financial aid award will assume full-time enrollment for both the fall and spring terms.
- Loans: You must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 hours to receive student loans. View loan limits.
- Grants: Enrollment requirements vary between grant programs. Some grants will be prorated based on enrollment hours as follows.**Please note that as of the 2016/2017 aid year, most UNF institutional grants and Enrollment Services scholarships require enrollment in at least 15 credit hours for disbursement. Institutional programs will prorate based on hours at UNF only.
||% of Award Offered
*Some student's Pell Grants will be prorated to 25% of the offered award for undergraduate students in 1-5 hours. Contact One-Stop Student Services for more specific information on Pell if you plan to enroll in less than half time in any given semester.
||% of Award Offered
- Concurrent enrollment: Students must take a minimum of 6 hours at one institution. Students attending in-state public institutions should complete the online Transient Student Admissions Application available on the Florida Shines website. Students attending an out-of-state or Florida private institution must submit a paper UNF Concurrent Enrollment form, Consortium Agreement, and fee slip which shows your name, courses enrolled for the term and balance paid, from the other institution to receive aid at UNF. The Consortium Agreement does not guarantee straight reimbursement, but will ensure that you receive aid for which you are eligible based on total enrollment.
- Summer FAFSA: Your FAFSA and Summer Request Form should be complete by April 1 to allow financial aid to be awarded to you and pend/defer/memo against your tuition and fee balance due. However, we strongly encourage you to complete the FAFSA no later than February 14th to ensure the best financial aid award possible.
Other useful financial aid resources: