Upcoming Events for Office of Faculty Enhancement
Promotion and Tenure Workshop *cancelled* due to campus suspension of programming
Promotion & Tenure Lunch Discussion
Wednesday, April 15, 2020 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in the Talon Room, Building 16, 4th floor.
Provost Rhodes and a panel of experienced tenured professors from multiple disciplines will offer their thoughts and best practices regarding teaching, research, and service and how to effectively document your efforts. Our goal is to share ways in which your steady growth in these three areas will help you navigate the path toward tenure and promotion. Afterward, you will have the opportunity to talk with these and other tenured colleagues seated with you who can address your specific questions.
Location: Library 2405
- Predatory vs Professional: Choosing the Right Journal for Your Manuscript
- This workshop will introduce tools and resources for publishing your research in an academic journal, including selecting a journal for your article, understanding journal impact and rankings, and identifying predatory or questionable journals and publishers.
- Friday, February 14 from 10 - 11:30 a.m.
- Authors' Rights and Responsibilities: Understanding Copyright and Open Access in Modern Scholarly Publishing
- Faculty will learn about the legal relationships between author, publisher and reader in order to understand how to protect their own intellectual property rights as authors, to respect others' rights, and to interpret common provisions in publisher agreements.
- Friday, February 21 from 10 - 11:30 a.m.
- Boost Your Researcher SEO: Set Up Your Google Scholar Profile
- Faculty will learn how to edit and update their Google Scholar Profile to up their researcher SEO, easily share publications with readers, and discover new citations to their work.
- Friday, February 28 from 10 - 11:30 a.m.
Location: Library 2102A
For faculty planning on entering the process of Promotion/Tenure for 2020-21, there are scheduled workshops to introduce you to Interfolio and answer your questions.
Come by and get an introduction to Interfolio, start working on your case, or get a refresher on the system. The sessions are informal but let us know if you plan on attending (contact Marianne Jaffee).
Upcoming workshops will be in the Library room 2102 A on the following dates:
- Monday, March 2nd from 10:30am to 11:30am
- Monday, March 2nd from 3:30pm to 4:30pm
- Thursday, March 5th from 3:00pm to 4:00pm
- Tuesday, March 10th from 1:30pm to 2:30pm