Faculty Development (FD) Fellows
The Faculty Development (FD) Fellows Program is a collaboration between faculty holding specific interests and expertise and the Office of
Faculty Enhancement with the goal of providing professional development opportunities for faculty
across campus. These opportunities include designing and presenting forums or workshops on current topics, supporting
faculty development initiatives, organizing faculty development materials
related to teaching and learning, and serving as facilitators during faculty
development summer institutes. FD Fellow Program applications open each year in September. The 2020-2021 FD Fellows have been selected and notified.
Who is eligible to become a Faculty Development (FD) Fellow?
FD Fellows are tenured or tenure-earning faculty members
demonstrated leadership capacity in the areas of teaching and learning
willing to commit some of their professional efforts toward supporting the
continuous improvement efforts of other faculty members in the areas of
teaching and learning
the ability to work collaboratively with others on initiatives of mutual
the ability to communicate effectively with faculty across multiple disciplines
the Faculty Fellows Program is open to all eligible faculty, OFE encourages applications from faculty in the areas of
Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) and/or Business.
What are the benefits to becoming a FD Fellow?
to participate in engaging collaborative work around teaching and learning with
other members of the UNF community
to present or publish interdisciplinary work
possibility of 1 Course Release (pending department approval)
- Stipend for the facilitation of Summer Institute on Teaching & Learning
from OFE in organizing workshops, meetings, and materials (e.g., readings,
What is required of one who is selected as a FD Fellow?
monthly meetings with other FD Fellows and OFE Director to coordinate faculty
3-5 faculty development workshops per year of appointment
as a facilitator during an upcoming Summer Institute
a report to OFE regarding the FD Fellow activities
- FD Fellows who are interested may receive re-appointment for up to three years,
How does one become a Faculty Fellow?
Complete the online application. Applicants will be asked to:
- Identify a teaching and learning topic of interest during their term as Faculty Fellow
- Explain her/his interest in the topic and identify any past experience in faculty leadership or leadership within the selected topic
- Express the relevance of the selected topic for UNF faculty members
- Identify other leadership experience around faculty development or teaching & learning (e.g., curriculum committee, workshop facilitator, etc.)
Applications will be reviewed by the Associate Vice President for Faculty Development with input from the Faculty Enhancement Committee. Applications will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- The extent of prior experience the applicant has with faculty development in general and with the specific topic selected
- The topic selected is relevant to a substantial portion of the faculty
- See the attached rubric for details. Faculty Fellows Proposal Evaluation Rubric