Faculty Fellow Programs
The Office of
Faculty Enhancement (OFE) will sponsor the Faculty
Fellows Program for the Fall of 2018 through Summer 2019 terms. The Faculty Fellows Program provides
opportunities for faculty members to work collaboratively with the Office of
Faculty Enhancement in providing faculty development opportunities for faculty
across campus, including offering workshops on topics of interest to faculty, supporting
faculty development initiatives, organizing faculty development materials
related to teaching and learning, and serving as facilitators during faculty
development summer institutes.
Who is eligible to become a Faculty Fellow?
Faculty Fellows are tenured or tenure-earning faculty members
demonstrated leadership capacity in the areas of teaching and learning
willing to commit some of their professional efforts toward supporting the
continuous improvement efforts of other faculty members in the areas of
teaching and learning
the ability to work collaboratively with others on initiatives of mutual
the ability to communicate effectively with faculty across multiple disciplines
the Faculty Fellows Program is open to all eligible faculty, OFE encourages applications from faculty in the areas of
Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) and/or Business.
What are the benefits to a Faculty Fellow?
to participate in engaging collaborative work around teaching and learning with
other members of the UNF community
to present or publish interdisciplinary work
possibility of 1 Course Release in the Spring 2019 semester (pending department approval)
Stipend for the facilitation of Summer Institute on Teaching & Learning (Summer 2019)
in faculty development funds to support travel to faculty development or
teaching & learning conferences
from OFE in organizing workshops, meetings, and materials (e.g., readings,
What is required of one who is selected as a Faculty Fellow?
The Faculty Fellow will:
monthly meetings with other Faculty Fellows and OFE Director to coordinate faculty
3-5 faculty development workshops per year of appointment
as a facilitator during the 2019 Summer Institute
a report to OFE regarding the Faculty Fellow activities
Fellows who are interested may receive re-appointment for up to three years,
How does one become a Faculty Fellow?
- Complete the online application by May 4th.
- Each Applicant will be asked to:
- Identify a teaching and learning topic of interest during their term as Faculty Fellow
- Explain her/his interest in the topic and identify any past experience in faculty leadership or leadership within the selected topic
- Express the relevance of the selected topic for UNF faculty members
- Identify other leadership experience around faculty development or teaching & learning (e.g., curriculum committee, workshop facilitator, etc.)
- Applications will be reviewed by the Director of OFE with input from the Faculty Enhancement Committee. Applications will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- The extent of prior experience the applicant has with faculty development in general and with the specific topic selected
- The topic selected is relevant to a substantial portion of the faculty
- See the attached rubric for details. Faculty Fellows Proposal Evaluation Rubric
- Although all full-time faculty are encouraged to apply, preference will be given to applications that have a strategic or complementary emphasis [e.g., Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) or Business].
Applicants will be notified of the results by JUNE 1st