Sex and Gender Resources
In the Community
- PFLAG of Jacksonville – group that supports LGBT people and their
families: http://www.pflagjax.com/. Meets third Thursday of every month at Christ Church of
Peace, 1240 McDuff Ave Jacksonville, Fl 32205. Contact email@example.com
for help or questions
- Change Your Name and Gender Marker in Florida: This website is a complete guide for changing name and gender marker in Florida. It includes the forms and will help you though them. The guide covers filing the petition, updating with social security card, driver license, passport and birth certificate.
Intersex Awareness Day, Tuesday, Oct. 27
Florida Transgender Resource Guide:
The Florida Transgender Resource Guide contains list of transgender resources within Florida (Includes therapists, endocrinologists, primary care providers, etc).
FL TransResource Guide
In the Community
- Transgender Support Group - "Transitions of Northeast Florida"
- Parent/Partner/Family/Friends of Transgender Loved Ones Support Group: First Thursday every month 5:30p-7:00p at Christ Church of Peace. 1240 McDuff Ave S. Jacksonville, FL 32205.
- Transgender and Gender Non-Conforming Support Group in Mandarin: FREE and OPEN to all transgender and questioning people!
Led by Dr. Noelle Pomeroy. Website: http://jaxsexualhealth.com/groups/ Location: Jacksonville Public Library – South Mandarin
Branch, 12125 San Jose Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32223
- Transgender Support Group in Orange Park: FREE and OPEN to all trans folks. Led by Edna Schafer, LMHC. The second Tuesday of the month at 4pm. The attendees can register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Location: 406 McIntosh Avenue, Orange Park, FL 32073
Campuses with Trans Policies
The Trans Policy Clearinghouse: www.campuspride.org/tpc
Go to the Trans Policy Clearinghouse for the most comprehensive list of:
- Colleges and Universities with Nondiscrimination Policies that Include Gender Identity/Expression
- Colleges and Universities that Cover Transition-Related Medical Expenses Under Student Health Insurance
- Colleges and Universities that Cover Transition-Related Medical Expenses Under Employee Health Insurance
- Colleges and Universities that Provide Gender-Inclusive Housing
- Colleges and Universities that Allow Students to Change the Name and Gender on Campus Records
- Colleges and Universities with a Trans-Inclusive Intramural Athletic Policy
Transgender Youth Resources