Queer Art Gallery
Our rotating exhibition space located at the LGBT Resource Center showcases the artwork of LGBT students, faculty and staff with the mission to highlight our campus queer expression and expand the current artistic and cultural dialogue. Artists are invited to submit artwork (prints, paintings, sculpture, ceramics, photographs and videos) that visually explore, investigate and examine the diversity of gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer experiences. We are especially interested in works that bear witness to many aspects of the LGBT personal and community experiences; evoke awareness to LGBT issues and contemporary art and artists; and inspire others to create, participate and connect. LGBT Resource Center believes that exhibiting queer artists' work, our gallery contributes to the development of a multicultural perspective on the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender experience.
Now seeking submissions!
Participants must be LGBT students, faculty or staff formerly or currently at University of North Florida.
Works must be submitted by Friday, Sept. 17, 2017
- Works must be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All media welcome
- Works submitted for consideration must be in the JPEG format 72dpi (Image size 1024 on longest side)
- Label images with last name_ first name 1.jpg (ex: Doe_John1.jpg)
- In the submission email, include the following info for each image: Last name_ first name 1, technique, size, and year
- Artwork must be accompanied by Artist Statement, Bio, Price List and Artist Portrait.
- Must be framed.
- Must be ready to be hung and secured (including 3D works).
- Works requiring pedestal will not be accepted.
- Artist’s name should be on the back of work.
- LGBT Resource Center will retain 20% commission on sold artwork.
Kaitlin Legg: Director, LGBT Resource Center
Sheila Goloborotko: Assistant Professor of Printmaking, Art Department